[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>24 >Just got fired from my job by the girl who I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1417367913032.jpg (15 KB, 357x239) Image search: [Google]
1417367913032.jpg
15 KB, 357x239
>24
>Just got fired from my job by the girl who I have been dating for 4 months

She is technically my boss, but she answers to another group of people, and they essentially axed my department. She was the one to tell me I was fired.

It got really awkward fast, and I just packed my shit and left. She showed up about a few hours after work, and knocked on my door, but I didn't answer, because I am essentially fucked without this job and was sorting of panicking. She left me this note:

>Hey, I'm really sorry it had to happen like that, and I know it really hurts to lose your job, but I hope me being the bearer of bad news doesn't hurt anything between us. Please call me when you can.

Before you say don't shit where you eat, the company actively encourages people that work together to date.

Anyways, what do I do now? I instantly lost interest in her, and I sort of feel bad because I know it wasn't her decision, and she tried her hardest to let me down easy, but shit, this is hard to look past. Should I tell her I'm just not feeling it after she fired me? On top of all this I could be homeless like lightning fast.
>>
Why tyoe of job did you lose ? Why woulf it be so hard to just get another one in the same feild ?
>>
>Before you say don't shit where you eat, the company actively encourages people that work together to date.

And if the company told you to jump of a bridge, you would do it as well?

>Anyways, what do I do now?

Find a new job, start tomorrow. See if your (former) gf can hook you up.

Like you said, it isn't her fault. But the heart does what the heart wants. If you ain't feeling it after this event, even though it isn't her fault, there is no point in continuing. As long as you don't hold a grudge.

>Should I tell her I'm just not feeling it after she fired me?

Yes. And go from there.
>>
>>17221881
You cant really blame her, She was doing her job, put yourself in her shoes. What would you do if you had to fire her?
>>
To all the anons. The most important thing is getting a job. The ex gf doesn't matter anymore. What you need is a job
>>
>>17221881
If they closed your department that isn't really the same thing as being fired, and you shouldn't take it personally.
>>
If she didnt actively try to fuck you over OP then she is not at fault. What is she going to do go to her boss and say "I can't fire him i'm dating him!" Yea that would go over real well.

It seems she is trying make things better with you.

That would go over real well.

Stop acting like a bitch and give her a call when you've calmed and talk things over with her.
>>
this girl clearly seems to have your back somewhat, ofc she couldnt really help the situation. but if shit is so dangerous without the job and you might even end up homeless, why would you go for homeless AND single. I think putting it against her isn't the best of ideas. She might prove instrumental in getting back on your feet again too. Why not instead simply focus on the new job hunt/problems at hand instead of worry about the relationship. maybe even sit down with her, and let her know that you know it was a choice made for her. and tell her you gotta focus on getting back on your feet now and landing a new job. bonus points if you can mention her support would be lovely and if she knows of people hiring/connections. Relationships the least of your worries atm, focus on finding a job and managing whatever cash you have left appropiately. maybe file for unemployment if you've been there long enough.
>>
File: Born to feel.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Born to feel.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>17221881
Lets be honest
Stuff is getting serius here,In one hand you dont have a job,in another you have a ''G.F'' who told you about you got fired.

First find a job if you dont have job,m8 you screwed up because if you think in dating that girl you will need that money

-Pic not related
>>
>>17221881
If it were me, I'd say somethingalong the lines of "Look, we're cool, but I need to find a job. We can go back to hanging out (or whatever the fuck it is you do with her) once I have a job. "

Obviously this is a very broad and general template because I don't know you, her, or the details of your relationship. Don't brush her off yet, tell her you need to find a job before you make any decisions
>>
>>17221881
You sound like either a shallow dick, or just confused and shocked because of your lack of experience.
She was truly doing her job, it was a zero sum game. If she refuses to fire you, then she gets fired as well. You just said that it was the decision of a higher-up, and it wasn't her own will.
Give it a few days before escalating into a break-up, chances are you subconsciously feel she betrayed you and garner feelings of enmity towards the girl in question, even though she actually seems to care about you.
Sleep it off, and look for a new job tomorrow morning.
>>
>>17221881
Ask if you can move in with her.
>>
>>17221909

Fucking refuse. Would you fire the girl you fucking are attracted to? No wonder half of marriages end in divorce.
>>
>>17223638

Nice job Chuck, now you're both fired.
>>
>>17223638
>Would you fire the girl you fucking are attracted to?
HAHAHAHAH fuck but you're going to fail hard if you ever end up in any kind of management position.
>>
>>17223638
You can't be this stupid. If you won't fire her, someone else will and meanwhile, you'll get fired too.

Sometimes you have to realize the world isnt about you. Stop being selfish and realize your girlfriend had to do what she had to do, which is her FUCKING JOB.
>>
All I can say is, "Don't shoot the messenger".
>>
>>17224336
>If you won't fire her, someone else will and meanwhile, you'll get fired too
Just realized I switched it around but you get the point.
>>
1. Get job first.
2. Would you blame your mom if she told you your dad died?
>>
>>17221881
Don't be a player hater. Your girl was just the hatchet man. She was fulfilling her role, and if she hadn't, you might both be fucked. Apologize for being a gigantic vagina about this.
>>
She isn't to blame for firing him, and by that same logic he isn't to blame for not wanting her now.

By a decision she had no control of, he lost a job. By a decision she had no control if, her bf lost interest.

Life sucks like that.
>>
>>17223638
You're an idiot, you'd both just get fired instead
>>
>>17224394
except the decision that led to the latter is nothing but OP being a giant baby while the gf maintained being an adult

but you're right. if OP wants to live like a manchild who are we to stop him?
>>
>>17224402
I guess you could say he is being a manchild, I dunno if I agree. Getting fired, even if its not by your gf, is a pretty legit reason to end things with a casual relationship. Unless he was super into this girl, finding a new job is way more important then pussy. I don't think it's that unreasonable of a reason to lose attraction to someone either. I've ended things with women just because I wasn't feeling it anymore, the cause isn't really that important. Yeah it would be cool if his ego let him keep this girl, but I don't know if I'm ready to go to name calling over it.

He does owe her an explanation, since she did nothing wrong. If he can't do that, he is being a baby.
>>
I'm
>>17224442
>>17224394

Just wanted to say >>17223572 is the best advice really. You might not be so uninterested if you find a job.
>>
File: 1425458341447.gif (983 KB, 355x339) Image search: [Google]
1425458341447.gif
983 KB, 355x339
>>17221881

>the company actively encourages people that work together to date.

That makes absolutely no sense.

>I instantly lost interest in her, and I sort of feel bad because I know it wasn't her decision

You're being a fucking baby. All she did was pass along a message to you. She has done nothing but express sympathy and support for you in this situation and your response has been to throw a hissy fit.

>>17223638

>Fucking refuse. Would you fire the girl you fucking are attracted to? No wonder half of marriages end in divorce.

That's ridiculous. If she refused you still would of been fired AND she would be fired too. Like I said, you're being a giant baby about this and you need to pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>17224476
>That makes absolutely no sense.

Actually it does. In certain government agencies and companies, it is extremely encouraged. This is not a new practice to either the government, or corporate world.
>>
>Before you say don't shit where you eat, the company actively encourages people that work together to date.
I'm having trouble believing this.
>>
>>17224484
for what possible reason?
>>
File: 1464935706773.jpg (22 KB, 466x470) Image search: [Google]
1464935706773.jpg
22 KB, 466x470
>>17224402
>except the decision that led to the latter is nothing but OP being a giant baby while the gf maintained being an adult
Maintained what? She gave him the bad news, he's the one who has to deal with it. She's not dealing with anything significant relative to the crap he's going through right now. Any angst of hers over this is just an echo of what he's going through.

Is she a bad person for being the messenger? Of course not. But don't be so retarded as to pretend that she's having to deal with anything significant.
>>
>>17224520
>>17224515
In a lot of workplaces it is encouraged for a number of reasons.

The places that employ this strategy, consider these the advantages.

>Better morale
>More motivation
>Better innovation
>Less conflict (usually it is very heavily warned that work place couples are not to bring drama, and if they do they are gone, without question)

This is very old news, and this strategy has been employed forever. It has mostly seen success, except for places where it isn't managed and gets out of hand. Anybody that has been in the corporate world long enough is very aware that this exists. It isn't some new age shit or anything, been around for a while.

While I know about it from my work, I've also been told by a buddy of mine that it is also encouraged in some government agencies, depending on your branch and what you're doing. Government, not military, before anyone says anything.
>>
>>17224515
>>17224520
>not knowing about this

You're either A. too young to have held a professional job for a decent period of time, or B. worked at mcdonalds your whole life.

Even the hospital I worked at as an assistant health admin promoted it.

Though it didn't really matter, because nurses at hospitals are the biggest whores imaginable, and will fuck anything that walks rules or no.
>>
>>17224568
Mostly column A, it just strikes out to me as a horrible idea. As >>17224554 even admitted if management looks away it can explode horribly, it just seems like a poor reward considering the risk.

>because nurses at hospitals are the biggest whores imaginable
I always knew my teenage fantasies were onto something
>>
One mans opinion to another, You are letting your emotions get the better of you. Explain to her you are hurt by losing your job and are panicking because you don't know what to do and are afraid of being homeless, I would also explain that a part of you resents her for firing you but acknowlege the fact she had no control over the future of your employment or breaking the bad news to you. Also thank her for offering her support. Then proceed to tell her you are emotionally in a dark place and cant put your heart into a relationship as you are scared how you are going too support yourself.

Offer her the option to cut it off now or just agree too give you a little bit of space to clear your head and maybe find another job/career...

Worse case scenario you go and find a new job and don't see this woman as a compatible partner and you tell her you lost interest, Atleast you where honest. Second she just ends it as she doesn't wanna hang around for you to make up your mind. Best case scenario if you decide in a few days that you were irrational and are in a better place emotionally, You didn't lose a partner you obviously care about and that cares about you... And not many people care about you if you will be homeless...
>>
>>17224574
Health admin guy here. It really depends on the workplace, I've heard some horror stories about it, and I've also heard it works really well. Just depends on the environment, and the kind of people who work there. But yeah it can fucking blow up in your face if not managed correctly.

And yeah your fantasies were right. Nurses are fucking uncontrollable horndogs, they are either fucking a doctor, or a patient at any given time. Some had more respect and restrained themselves, but most did not. Majority of them had some major STD.

Don't ever date a nurse that works at a hospital.
>>
File: 1436475419610.gif (2 MB, 350x230) Image search: [Google]
1436475419610.gif
2 MB, 350x230
>>17221881
Be a man and don't blame the girl. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you started dating the boss. Find a new job, see your girl and be happy. Or you can let your pride take you all the way down. It's your choice really.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.