[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father has been accused of taking a bribe. Him and the lawyer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: DmC.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DmC.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
My father has been accused of taking a bribe. Him and the lawyer are going on Wednesday to the courthouse to see wether or not the case will be thrown out or will continue as planned. Let me explain.

In October, J and P were both involved in selling a property to our township. They were going to give 15k to my father (hes a councilman) to okay this amd get the rest of the council on board (10 people total). J was pushing very hard for this, but my father was NOT on board. J pushing for it via text is all saved and is with our lawyer.

P enters his real estate office one day and suddenly forces the 10k on him, this is RECORDED ON VIDEO. Later he is given another 5k (forgot if this one is on video, about 90% sure it isnt.) He is then apprehended by the police, with the money NOWHERE to be found.

In the case of the bribe and property itself, the bribe was not needed, as my dad is a pretty affluent man. Another thing is that even before the bribe was thought of, the town REALLY wanted the land, in fact, the papers were being signed one day before P came to my dad. But someome stopped them. The entire process of it stopped.

During the enditement (indictment? Whatever part of the lawsuit where a jury is asked wether or not a case should be followed up on) the people against my father left out key info, such as the entirety of J's involvement and the stoppage of the paperwork. The head of department who also worked on the case also lied about an event that took place.

This is all I know, as told to me by the lawyer and my father.

/adv/, my question is, what would you say about this? This thing screams shady as hell to me, but I would want to ask what you would think about my father if you were on the jury.
>>
J and P are real assholes.

Would say your pa's a free man
>>
>>17221370
Funny thing is, J was a VERY close family friend.

Thanks for the post anon, hopefully all works out well.
>>
>>17221344
During the grand jury indictment process, the prosecution can lay out its case without rebuttal by the defense. Grand juries routinely vote to indict literally anything that a prosecutor presents before them because a prosecutor would have be completely incompetent to fuck up such a one sided process.

If it actually goes to trial, there will be a considerably more balanced presentation of the case to the jury, assuming your dad's lawyer is competent.
>>
>>17221465
So the complete removal of J's role won't help my dad? Or will it be like a side note to the actual defense?
>>
>>17221344
>forces the 10k on him

How do you force someone to take money? If he didn't want it he would've left it on the table or wherever.

Did he literally pick up the money and pocket it or did he leave it and not touch it?
>>
you probably shouldn't be posting about an ongoing case/investigation on 4chan, broski

just let your dad's lawyer do his thing.
>>
>>17221474
He slid it onto the table and then figuratively BOLTED outta there by saying "well I'll have the rest soon" and left the building

In any other context I would have laughed my ass off
>>
>>17221477
I would if there weren't 6 other cases going down in the same county, and a lot more around the state.

The similarities between them are pretty freightening.
>>
>>17221478
See, if he didn't want to break the law he should have called the cops at that point. Just saying.
>>
>>17221504
That's why I came here. The money is missing, but it's pretty damn weird what's going on with P and J.

Again, we really didn't need the money, we're pretty well off, so idk famborghini.
>>
>>17221468
I don't know what the situation is or the actual particulars of what's going on. If you're actually concerned about the legal strategy or want to know what's happening, you should be talking to your father.

I think that he would (rightly) want you to stay out of this. I understand that you want some reassurance, but I think mostly you should stay out of the way of this.

If your dad is indicted, his lawyer will be given a lot of information about the state's case against him. You'll be able to get a better sense of what they're claiming happened, though you aren't going to actually be able to do much about this. I would suggest you drop any thoughts of revenge or of causing harm to unfriendly witnesses.
>>
>>17221557
We talk a lot about the case, but I feel like we make am echo chamber, amd I want to be able to handle that some people aren't going to be with my pops on this. I can also see what you mean by stay out of it, but I'm just super stressed, yknow?

I wouldn't dare hurt anybody. What if something that helps us comes out of them? Wounding or killing them ain't gonna do shit but fuck it up.
>>
>>17221576
>I'm just super stressed
I understand this completely and have a lot of sympathy for what you're going through.

You can check with the lawyer to see if there's anything that you could do that might help, but part of the reason to stay out of it is so that you aren't fucking things up or saying something where the wrong person hears it, and so that you aren't a distraction to your father.

I have mixed feelings that your father is venting to family about this because it's putting a burden on you as a child that you can't actually do anything about. It's good to be aware that something's happening, and if you're an adult he may need to lean on you to help with family matters & business if the worst happens, but I think it's causing the situation to be more stressful for you than necessary.

Try to be supportive, try to stay calm and optimistic. Let your father know you believe in him. As tough as it might be to concentrate, keep your own life moving forward to accomplish your own goals.
>>
>>17221743
Thanks anon, I really needed that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.