[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-confidence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hello, I am a 20 year old female. For the entirety of my life I have never had any self-confidence. I struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depression Disorder, and Dis-associative Identity Disorder. I find it hard to see anything positive or attractive about myself. I've been told that I'm beautiful and have a lovely personality, but I don't see it within myself. How can I gain self-confidence when I've always been so down about myself? Is it possible to think positively about oneself after so long of living a life of negative thoughts?
>>
>>17221272
I battle with the same demons. Best thing to do is to put yourself out there, find activites and social interaction. Start conversations with strangers and if you're feeling frisky, with men you are attracted to. The most important thing to remember though is to take note of the nice things people say to you and about you and use those things to create a personal image of yourself because those things are the best aspects of you that people see so build around them. sorry if that seemed longwinded.
>>
>>17221294
Thank you for the great advice. Life is hard to deal with. I have no hobbies or interests anymore. Depression has overtaken every aspect of my life. So, finding things I enjoy is a hard thing to do.
>>
>>17221272
If you want to be confident, you need to be happy. So do the things that you know you are supposed to do to feel happy. Simple as that.
>>
>>17221272
OP is that you in the pic?
>>
>>17221911
Whoever she is she is a cutie!
>>
I would seriously make love to this girl!
>>
Lose weight.
>>
Where did these negative thoughts come from?
>>
>>17221272
No one can change what you think, but yourself. Thats the only thing that no one else can control.

Yes it is indeed possible to change your negative thoughts into positive ones, but it takes heaps of practice. The sooner you change them, the easier it is. As you get older, you get more stuck in your own thinking, and its much harder to change what you have thought for more and more years.

I'm just starting seeing my life in a positive life and I'm 29. All throughout my life I have believed the negatives rather than the positives, and I came to a realization (fortunately) that until I actively stop seeing things this way, nothing will change.

So you have to become aware of what you are thinking in order to change it. It's difficult and takes time, but anything that is great is usually difficult and takes time.

Change the way you think, and start now. Don't be like me and wait until you are older.
>>
>>17221272
Not even a boyfriend would be able to magically remove all those issues in your life femanon. There's always the pressure of fitting in and some people try to drag you down but find whatever you're good at and excel at it.
>>
Self improvement is a lifelong process.

Check out this speech called 'this is water'
https://youtu.be/8CrOL-ydFMI
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.