[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Can I Un-fuck My Reputation at Work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: frustrated-with-career-whn.jpg (34 KB, 291x201) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-with-career-whn.jpg
34 KB, 291x201
Here's the story:

A couple months ago I was in dire need of some money (school loans were pressing), so I took a job doing something I had zero interest in. Initially I was depressed about having to work at such a place and didn't really try at it. I'd hate to say it, but I felt the job wasn't worth my time or effort and therefore I messed up a lot or perhaps even came off as a complete idiot. Now, I'm gotten an attitude adjustment (made some friends and changed my outlook) and now I realize how fucked I am. I've been slowly trying to get better, but sometimes things out of my control have legit happened (Machine randomly shuts down, etc). I feel like I've gotten a terrible reputation and I'm not sure what to do. Should I talk to my boss? Should I say nothing and just try and make up for my rough start?
>>
Say nothing and just do the best you can. To be honest it's pretty hard to overcome your first impression, especially at work. Just be the best worker you can be and hope someone notices.
>>
You haven't been fired so your good man. Just keep workin hard and it'll reflect well.
>>
>>17221063
I'm not sure how well this'll work, I keep getting the feeling that my supervisor and boss think I'm a lost cause or someone incapable of working alone.

>>17221064
I'm pretty sure the reason I haven't been fired is because replacements are pretty hard to come by. It isn't exactly a place where people are lining up to apply for. Plus I hear from old co-workers that it's incredibly hard to get fired.
>>
Bump please help
>>
Bump. Anyone?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.