[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me break up with my bf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: omg123.jpg (3 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
omg123.jpg
3 KB, 120x120
My bf and I are in our early 20s, dating for 3 years. For the past 10 months, hes been a huge dick. Flirting with other girls, telling people he had sex with them, talking shit about me to his friends, dismissing my depression and making me feel worse for it, mental/emotional abuse, etc.

I'm starting to really hate him and every time I try to break up with him, I either chicken out or he does/says something to make me come back to him. There's nothing enjoyable about the relationship anymore. Even the sex is really bad. I need help breaking up with him so I can enjoy life again.
>>
>>17220785
You a dude right?
>>
>>17220794
No I'm a girl
>>
>>17220785
>I need help breaking up with him so I can enjoy life again.
We can't solve your problems for you. Either you're going to grow some balls and stick up for yourself or you're going to get drawn back into his narcissistic shit. People like him choose weak people like you because you're easy to manipulate. And when you do go back to him, at some point, he's going to do something that will truly hurt you to the core. Stop being weak and block him on everything. He doesn't even deserve to know why he's blocked, although given his behavior, he should have a pretty good idea. Ghost him.
>>
>>17220806
Okay.....is the bf a colored man or is he white
>>
>>17220817
You have a really good point, I just don't know how to build up the courage
>>
>>17220822
Why does this matter?
>>
>>17220817
This is the worst idea ever just leave him figure it out on his own he can leave his bf what ever way he wants
>>
Do you like with him?
>>
>>17220833
Just answer the question you foggot no why you a gurl
>>
>>17220835
Yeah I love him but I hate him at the same time because all of the shit he did
>>
>>17220841
How old is he
>>
>>17220841
Fuck, sorry, I meant "Do you live with him?"
>>
>>17220836
I really don't understand why it's relevant but he's half white half hispanic
>>
>>17220848
No but he lives very close to me
>>
>>17220834
>This is the worst idea ever
How so? When someone is manipulative, to the point where you're having issues breaking away, it's easier to just ghost them. I had to do that with my father because he has serious issues and refuses to get help. OP can do it however the fuck she wants, but the idea is to keep them from contacting each other as much as possible. The more contact there is, the more control he has over her.
>>
>>17220856
Like in the same building??
>>
>>17220843
we're both 21
>>
>>17220859
Well see im a manz and i handle my shit up front no point in running or hiding
>>
>>17220860
A 10 minute driving distance
>>
>>17220856
I'm not experienced with this and I get the feeling this is kind of a dick move, but you can break up with him by text message (sms, facebook, skype, whatever). Like I said, it seems kind of ugly, but it will likely solve your problem of chickening out since it's a lot easier to just write it all out and press the Send button than to actually look someone in the eye and tell them it's over.

Besides that, it's also a good idea to get some friends to help you through it, if you know anyone who would. They shouldn't be present for the breaking up, but ask them to give you courage to break up with him and to resist the urge to go back on your word.
>>
>>17220785
Like we are just going to believe you are a girl where do you think we are jpg
>>
>>17220869
>Well see im a manz and i handle my shit up front no point in running or hiding
There is when you're dealing with someone that has mental problems. Those problems don't magically disappear when you're "a manz."
>>
>>17220887
If you a true manz you don't get in those problems dubs says OP is a dude
>>
>>17220883
I've tried sending him a text before but it didn't work out because he sent me a paragraph after and I felt really bad. I think I'm going to try doing it again but turn my phone off for a couple of days so I don't see what he says. Having friends by my side would help but I've lost all my friends because of him haha. Thank you for the advice though
>>
>>17220895
There's no point in sending him anything. Once your phone's back on, you're going to see those messages and get the same feelings anyway. Just cut contact.
>>
>>17220883
>Just chicken out when you get into tough situations
Awful advice
>>
>>17220901
I feel like maybe he'd get the message after a few days because we never go a day of not talking. So maybe seeing a couple of messages is better than him blowing my phone, contacting my family and visiting me at home or whatever
>>
>>17220911
Has he ever been home with out u knowing he was there
>>
>>17220915
Never, he doesn't have a key
>>
>>17220895
Seems like cutting contact may be your only option, then :/ I guess you don't need to outright block him on everything, but start acting like your single and ignore his cries for forgiveness. Stay strong!

>>17220909
What would you suggest, Mr Heart of Steel? She should just stay with him for a few more years till she can beat her emotions?
>>
>>17220917
Well im saying like has your family ever let him in
>>
>>17220925
Oh no! He knows that he's not allowed over unless I'm there, but I fell like he would come if I cut ties to "see if I'm okay"
>>
>>17220920
Yeah, thank you and I'll keep trying!
>>
>>17220932
Oh maybe you should tell dad n mom kido
>>
>>17220937
My parents are nut cases themselves so this wouldn't work
>>
Just do what my gf did and cut off all contact withoit an explanation... The fucking bitch.
>>
>>17220956
Yeah that's retarded she should just come out with the truth and dump him
>>
>>17220966
I'm planning on doing that
>>
>>17220971
Then do it let him know that you don't wanna be together and that you need to end it
>>
>>17220785
let your friend message him for you
or anticipate when theyre going to start being nice to you
>>
>>17221304
I broke up with him
>>
>>17221730
Nice. How did it go?
>>
>>17221739
Better than I thought! I feel amazing
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.