[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What is Your Dream?" People usually ask me this, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: shepsky.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
shepsky.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
"What is Your Dream?" People usually ask me this, and my answer is "To learn as much as I can".

Some laugh at this, and ony a few ones respect it. Am I a black sheep or something?
>>
Anon, I can relate to having similar motive, maybe people expect a dream to be something achievable and concrete.
A huge task that you can check off.
>>
That's a lot more noble of a goal than what most people have. Ask yourself though

>why is that my goal
>what will I do with this goal/use it for
>>
>>17220165
I wish I really knew my dream. I'm insecure even of my college carrer choice. When did you get to know this was your dream?
>>
>>17220190
>When did you get to know this was your dream?
Actually is more like a part of my personality. I've always been curious, and the prohibitions in my childhood accentuated it even more.
I'm not able to describe it better.
>>
>>17220165
Because knowledge is considered only a tool by many.

Gaining knowledge only for its sake is a bit dumb. Sure it would be cool (but impossible) to know "everything". IMHO it is much better to chase some dream / project / vision and gain some skills and knowledge for the sake of completing it.

Still, even the most theoretical scientists often makes huge discoveries which gains practical uses in future like the theory of relativity...

So in order to impress normies you should try to be more specific. But again, who cares about what normies think?
:-)
>>
>>17220165
Intellectual curiousity is an uncommon characteristic, although not particularly rare. This doesn't make you a black sheep, as I once had a similar dream desu, until I decided that I wanted to do something else.

>>17220178
Most people like to do things that they see as practical, and often lack the ability to see things from the perspective of another person. Some people value knowledge above everything else, and most would consider that very idea to be absurd.
>>
File: Gerberian-Shepsky.jpg (69 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Gerberian-Shepsky.jpg
69 KB, 400x500
If somebody is interested, OP pic is a mix of German Shepherd and Siberian Husky. Some call them "Gerberian Shepsky".
>>
>>17220365
OT but that's my dream dog. I wonder if they have any increased health risks since they're not purebreed?
>>
>>17220165
All throughout history people have existed with the desire to pursue knowledge. It's waned over time as people become more interested in various forms of entertainment but it's still a noble pursuit. You have to elaborate more. What kind of knowledge? Scientific? How do you go about it? Is there an "end game"?

Either way, if that's your goal and you have the means to achieve it, go for it, fuck what people say
>>
Considering I don't have a dream, I'd say you're doing alright OP.
>>
>>17220378
>What kind of knowledge?
All kind of knowledge. Almost everything refers you to science, but I'm pretty open, even if that means to rethink my very existence. If it's true, it's true.

>>17220370
I'm OP, so I don't care about the off-topic. According to "gerberianshepsky.com"...

>While most designer dogs do not inherit most of the health issues present in their parents, the risk of a Gerberian Shepsky inheriting an undesirable health condition from its parentage cannot be ruled out. Here are some are the common health issues of the Gerberian Shepsky’s parents and which it could be prone to:

>elbow and hip dysplasia
>eye issues such as juvenile cataracts
>digestive problems
>blood disorders
>bloat
>epilepsy
>eczema
>dwarfism
>keratitis (inflammation of the cornea)
>flea allergies
>perianal fistulas and Von Willebrand’s disease
>spleen tumors
>PRA (primarily in male dogs)
>Endocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)Degenerative Myelitis (DM)
>ectopy (displacement of the urethra)
>corneal dystrophy
>crystalline corneal opacities

>Being a hybrid, the Gerberian Shepsky enjoys a favorably healthy life unlike other purebred dogs.
>>
I am 30 and I never really had a dream or goal. After highschool I took time off to work and save money, thinking I'd be better off in college with some money in my pocket. And when I got there I'd know what I'd do and major in.

I never did go to college but stayed working my crap job. I'm still there but now I make decent money and I'll be able to retire young. I don't hate it but I'd rather see my kids do something else.

Honestly if I went to school today I'd still have no idea what I'd do. But I am glad how things worked out for me. But hey, being a professional student sounds cool to me.
>>
They laugh at you because the irony of a stupid person saying he wants to learn everything is not lost on them.
>>
>>17220842
This is why I still browsing 4chan. Thanks, anon.
>>
Love all we can before we learn all we came for
Learn all we can before the road leads to home
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.