[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to abandon everything. I want to just fly over to another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
I want to abandon everything.

I want to just fly over to another country(any country) and try to live my life there.

I have no real savings to speak of. I intend to get on a plane, and let the chips fall where they may.

Is this at all feasible? Can anyone give me some tips?
>>
Sure, you can do it if you want to, but your chances of ending up with something good are probably slim (depending on your expectations), in my opinion.

What is it that you want to abandon?
>>
>>17219953

I have no delusions about "making it" abroad. I'm fine with working a manual labour job and just making enough to feed myself.

I'm 25 and I have never done a single thing worth mentioning. My entire life has been spent behind a computer screen and I am dying inside.
>>
>>17219940
Brandon?
>>
>>17219967

Nope. I guess I'm not the only sad cunt around. That's somewhat of a relief.
>>
Can someone at least suggest a good place to go to?

I'm at the end of my rope here... and you guys are the only ones I can turn to...
>>
>>17219985
Running away won't solve your problems.
>>
>>17219940

Don't make a habit of running away from your problems. Moving somewhere different won't change the fact that you're a sad cunt.

No matter where you move, eventually your dysfunction will ruin that place for you too and you'll want to run away somewhere else. You'll spend your entire life running and never find any meaning in anything because you're too scared to dig your heels in and face your demons.

Running away is easy. Improving yourself is hard. Decide which way you want to live your life and accept the risk.
>>
>>17219963
I don't really see why moving away will help you, you can turn your life around wherever you are.
Anyway, if you want to move, the first thing that came to mind is to work on Norwegian oil platforms. It's not without risk but a good pay. Or maybe pick a random bed and breakfast in some rural part of England and work there. Maybe try out the monk life in Asia? No idea what you're after here.
>>
>>17219992
>>17219993

This is my way of improving myself. Staying as I am won't do anything for me. Facing adversity is good, no? Well, this is bound to be a difficult task.
>>
>>17219996
>random bed and breakfast in some rural part of England

How would this work? Are there extremely cheap hotels in England?

>monk life in Asia

Do they accept literally anyone? If so, could you suggest a specific place?
>>
>>17220007
I have only heard from a few others that many old people in rural parts of England have concepts where people work a little for a bed. It was just an idea. I've heard similar things of farms in Australia.

I know nothing about monk lives in Asia, again it was just an idea that popped up in my head. But you wanted to abandon everything and start over, I figured it might fit you, I have no idea. You might want to give it a try.
>>
>>17220036

I want to have some certainty before I put my plan into action, though. I mean, it's okay if I get there and just end up becoming a vagrant, but I want to at least make an attempt at a regular life.
>>
File: 1375763641106.jpg (44 KB, 438x542) Image search: [Google]
1375763641106.jpg
44 KB, 438x542
>>17220003

>This is my way of improving myself. Staying as I am won't do anything for me. Facing adversity is good, no? Well, this is bound to be a difficult task.

So you've decided the easy path. Thats ok. You are definitely running away, no matter how you attempt to justify it.

In the future I encourage you to make a concerted effort to stop deluding yourself and own up to your dysfunction. You'll never make any meaningful change in your life as long as you continue to actively convince yourself that there's nothing wrong with the way you're going about this.
>>
>>17220051
>So you've decided the easy path.

So, going abroad with no money and making a life for yourself is easy?

If so, please share your wisdom with me.
>>
>>17220040
Yeah, sure, I understand. Still, consider turning your life around from where you are now.
>>
>>17220065

I have already wasted my youth and I don't see myself achieving anything noteworthy. My spirits are as low as they can get. I literally can't find the words to tell you how empty and dead I feel. I have no hope.
>>
>>17220059

>So, going abroad with no money and making a life for yourself is easy?

Yes. Choosing a life of homelessness and aimless wandering just to avoid dealing with your problems is the easy path. Overcoming poverty in a new country is not the remedy for depression, dude.

Instead of acknowledging your dysfunction, getting help for it and using the resources you have now to address and improve your predicament you're choosing to "fuck it all" and galavant off to another country, thinking that maybe if you just leave, your problems will stay where they are and not follow you.

I'm not here to convince you because its obvious you don't want convincing. You aren't ready to start being real with yourself, and I get it, its ok. We all have those things in our life we aren't ready to deal with yet.

You can't run away from things that are inside of you. It would be different if you were running away from an external stressor like a crazy neighbor or family OR if you were otherwise happy and content and wanted to explore the world but you're running.

You're running away from yourself, and I'm sorry to say but your feelings of inadequacy and depression are going to follow you no matter where you go.

Until you stop ignoring them and face what it is inside of you that is causing you to run your problems will always be just a step behind you, poisoning everything you try to do with your life.
>>
>>17220107

How can you say that with such certainty when you don't know my circumstances?
>>
>>17219985
Where are you from?
>>
>>17220156

I am from Latvia and am currently living in the UK... why does that matter?
>>
>>17220171
Just thought if you were looking for somewhere to move to it would help knowing where you're from and therefore what options are most accessible
>>
>>17220200

This is more than a change of scenery. It would force me in a foreign environment where I would have to work at full capacity just for a chance at survival. This hardly seems like an easy option for me to take.

I think external change is what consitutes an internal one.

>>17220198

Well... any suggestions?
>>
>>17220200

>This is more than a change of scenery. It would force me in a foreign environment where I would have to work at full capacity just for a chance at survival. This hardly seems like an easy option for me to take.

Whatever, dude. Like I said, at this point it sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself then you're trying to convince me.

Go, have a blast, I honestly don't give a shit. Stop trying to unseat me from my opinion because its not going to happen. I think you're being a defeatist pussy and running away from your problems, you don't. End of story, goodbye and good luck.
>>
>>17220210
More of a temporary thing but you could look into Canada. It's easy enough to get a 2 year work visa. well for me anyway and I'm Irish so shouldn't be too different.

Then you could move over there. I've worked in both Vancouver and Toronto. 2 nice cities, good summer weather. Found work very easily on both occasions. The people are friendly, girls are a lot better looking than Britain if that interests you. Lots of cool places to travel too from each city too
>>
>>17220222

Well, you certainly don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to. Thanks for posting anyway.
>>
>>17220225

Can I find work If I'm a retard with no qualifications?

Moving to a place like Canada seems like a difficult ordeal. As I said, I have no money.

>girls are a lot better looking than Britain

Irrelevant.
>>
>>17220231
Well that's why I initially asked where you're from to see what options were feasible. You also said at the start that it could be any country.

Yes I'd say you can find work. I had no qualifications either. But the work will probably be in a kitchen or as a door to door salesperson if you're really desperate. Kitchen shit is good though.

Do you have any savings whatsoever? Flights to Vancouver are around 500 euro, the visa costs maybe 200 with some other added stuff
>>
>hur hur you're just running away

Sometimes people just want a change of scenery. Going to a different place and living a new life can be a reinvigorating thing. OP, go for it. Take out a loan, if you can, and go somewhere far away. You're going to have to put in the effort. My suggestion is DO NOT get a PC/the internet until you've settled into your new life.
>>
>>17220258

I could get enough for the flight and the visa, but then I'd be broke.

>>17220259

Yeah, wasn't intending to. This is more of a last ditch effort for me to have a life, rather than a holiday.
>>
>>17220266
Tbh if this is really what you want to do then you're gonna have to try and save up more money somehow. Whether that's working more or saving in other ways I don't know.

As you'll need money to pay for accommodation while over there (upfront). And then also some cash to keep you going until you find a job
>>
>>17220286

That's why it was my intention to go to an undeveloped country.
>>
>>17219996
>Asia
Do not do this. Don't even think about going to anything even remotely third-world. I've heard horror stories anon.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.