[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think my wife is a bad mother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: scream.jpg (66 KB, 634x593) Image search: [Google]
scream.jpg
66 KB, 634x593
So my kid is 3 years old. And like any 3 year old always whats his way and throes a lot of tantrums. She looses her temper quickly and then treats him like he is a 15 year old that should understand her rants. (i.e. She will freak out on him and then he will cry even worse). We have had discussion on this and she even went on medication to control her temper. Now she stopped the meds and just carries on with her shit. What do I do?
>>
You're right, she is a bad mother. And unfortunately it's not a lack of skill or something that can be fixed. It's a lack of empathy, which isn't exactly something I believe can be taught. Chances are she might always be 'that' mother. Just be the level headed, good dad to your child, maybe lead by example? Tough call
>>
>>17219479
She is a bad mother. She should have ignored the tantrums even if he was a 15 year old. All she does is undermine his respect towards her. If she can't control herself, the kid will never respect his mother or take her seriously because she doesn't behave more mature than he does.
The only solution to the problem is that you as the father earn your son's respect by showing self control and acting as an adult. Be an authority and only give him attention when he deserves it. That way he will have a role model he could respect and you can guide him and raise him. When he's much older, you can have an honest conversation about mommy's behavior.
>>
>>17219496
It's sad that this woman I love so much hurts my baby so bad. I think in her home as a child she was never tough how to display love/empathy. Not entirely her fault but it is as if she does not realize it. Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll defiantly be the level headed one.
>>
>>17219513
Wow, Lot's of wisdom here. Thanks
>>
>>17219513
P.S.: In the meantime if she's too moody, emotiona, and has a low tolerance threshold, use your dick. Nothing makes a woman more patient than making her feel safe, respect you, and a good dicking with a few orgasms.
>>
>>17219535
Oh, I'll make her feel very very safe. :-p
>>
>>17219544
You're joking, but it's real.
>>17219520
This too.
>>
>>17219549
No, I was joking yes but I get it. You made me think that I can do more to make the pressure of having a toddler in the house easier by making her feel safer in general not just by doing the dicking part
>>
>>17219558
What's in your mind?
>>
>>17219563
Like allowing her to relax more. Give her more time with her friends. handle the stressful situations so she does not have to.
>>
>>17219568
These sound good. Why is she stresed?
>>
>>17219568
I don't think so m8, I think she needs to work on herself, rather than you carrying all the weight. You said she took meds for her anger? Sounds like she might need something more permanent, therapy or something, especially if she reverted to the same behaviour once off them
>>
>>17219573
$mil question. Has a fairly easy job. In her life as a kid her dad made all the tough situations go away so she was never given the opportunity to work on it and learn how to solve issues and learn patience
>>
>>17219608
She's a brat. You have two kids.
>>
>>17219584
Also true but I'll still do my best for her. Maybe convince her to go see a pro. I'll join her
>>
>>17219535
What if he can't make her orgasm?
>>
>>17219618
And here come the fags. Fucking idiot!
>>
>>17219608
Why did you wife a brat?
>>
>>17219568
Yeah just become the husband and wife like this guy suggested an give the lady all your money for nothing
>>
>>17219651
I never said he should give up self respect, authority, or give in to his wife's tantrums. All I said was to dick her well and make her feel safe. Women are bad at handling stress. That's why it's a man's job to handle it for them.
>>
>>17219627
Plenty of women don't orgasm from sex with their husbands.
>>
OK, Thanks for all the mature advice
>>
Why did she stop the meds? Were they helping at all?

Do you guys have any strategies for dealing with bad child behaviour, or are you sort of just winging it? Maybe if your wife had set steps to follow, she'd have a greater sense of control and be able to get a handle on the situation before she loses her temper. Supernanny that shit.
>>
>>17219683
Makes loads of sense. We do not have a strategy. Will work on that one!
>>
>>17219479
At school there is this one older lady with a child. She is kind of like that, assumes everything is an insult, raises her voice easily, etc. One day she came in with her daughter, I guess she had no where to leave her, so I thought- fuck, if her mother is like that, this is going to be a very loud day. And I was baffled by how cool and reasonable the 5 year old was. And she would nag her kid for standing in the wrong spot etc, which was hard to watch, so we tried to be extra sweet to the little one, but that's beyond the point. As far as I can see, this freaky lady somehow has managed to have the chillest kid and it brings me hope for everyone with shitty parents.
>>
>>17219479
I had a bad mother growing up like this too. She cared for me and loved me, but by the time I was 8 I was already more mature than her.

My father was my role model and because of his influence, my mother's immaturity was actually helpful in that it showed me how NOT to behave. As long as I had one good role model around, my mother was not able to do a lot of damage. Your kid will be fine as long as you are there sometimes to show him the correct way to act.
>>
>>17219479
Step in. You can just handle the discipline for your kid, or you can talk with her and make a plan together.
>>
>>17219754
Comforting story. Thanks for sharing
>>
>>17219479
3 year olds don't understand shit. She should spank him or beat him to get the point across.
>>
>>17219874
Holy fuck! Are you a retard? How did you manage to find 4chan? How do you manage to use a computer? You don't even use your brain at all do you?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.