[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A U.S. Marine punched me in the head, knocking me out, after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Kmart_logo.svg.png (62 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Kmart_logo.svg.png
62 KB, 2000x2000
A U.S. Marine punched me in the head, knocking me out, after i touched his medals, Can I file a lawsuit?
I was at the K Mart, and saw a Marine, I called him a baby killer. He ignored me. So then
I touched his medals and said, You get these for killing babies. I spit on him.

Next thing i know, i was on the ground unconscious the next minute.

I did not think he would have the guts to hit me in public, the K Mart, in a public place. The store was empty. Maybe if it was more crowded, he wouldnt have done anything.

I thought they cant freaking hit you if they are in uniform?

I awoke 10 minutes later in an ambulance. They told me at the hospital, he hit me like 5 and 6 times, after i was out cold. I have 2 missing teeth, and a swollen nose, and swollen eyes and 2 bruises on my head. My hospital bill is over $10,000, including ambulance ride. Can I file a lawsuit against the military, to get them to pay my hospital bills?

Plus I missed 3 weeks of work, I lost over $1200 in work pay.

Also, they dropped the charges against this guy? How can I re-press them against him?

I think he should have charged civily and criminally, I had no clue a uniform man would attack somebody in public place.
>>
File: 1351726302728.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1351726302728.gif
481 KB, 499x315
If this isn't bait, my only advice is that you're a faggot.
>>
>>17219415
It is. They wouldn't just drop the charges that quickly without OP's consent. Even though he's a faggot who lies on the interweb, and this story isn't even real, he still has as many rights as all of us unfortunately.

I'd like to take a minute to thank all those have have served and are serving for protecting us and giving us the freedoms we are allowed in this country. Even if it means some faggots like OP exist that's okay I guess.
>>
>>17219415
I think it might be a social commentary about police violence in US
How profound
>>
>>17219394
>saw a Marine, I called him a baby killer
You're a disrespectful idiot.

Also, wearing medals in public is not ok. Ribbons are ok. Your story is likely made up.
>>
You provoked him, clearly and unambiguously. You even made the first threat when you reached for his chest. You can file a complaint with the Marines, and he'll probably get a reprimand, and that will have consequences going forward. But he is unlikely to receive jail time or anything of the sort. Little tip: if you want to pull this shit in public, NEVER touch the other guy. Not even lightly.

Quick lesson in terms. Battery is when you hit someone. Assault is when you threaten them physically. Usually you hear them together as "assault and battery", because that's just the way most fights go, but they ARE different concepts, and they can be handled separately. You start hurling serious accusations at a person and then reach for them, that's simple assault: a credible physical threat. You sneak up behind someone and cold-cock them out of the blue, that's simple battery: hitting a person to injure them, with no kind of threat made beforehand.

This matters, because simple assault can be seen as a provocation even when there is no battery. You committed simple assault when you reached for his chest after calling him a baby-killer. This opened up a positive legal defense for him that he would not have had if you'd kept your hands off. And this, right here, is probably why the charges were dropped: the prosecution didn't think they could make the charges stick.

This is still a form of severe corruption. If your story is true, then the Marine should be held accountable. But prosecutors are subject to the same kinds of weaponized statistics as teachers and doctors, and this makes them reluctant to prosecute cases they aren't sure they can win.

You can try suing the Marines. You might have better luck proceeding with this as a tort, rather than as a crime. But ya dun goofed with respect to putting him behind bars.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.