[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being friends with your ex. Do or do not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: luck.jpg (60 KB, 786x684) Image search: [Google]
luck.jpg
60 KB, 786x684
Being friends with your ex. Do or do not?
>>
Preferably not, may mess up future relationships.
>>
Nine times out of ten I'd say no. Just because it can cause unnecessary drama and strain in your relationship. Also, some girls/guys won't be okay with you still keeping in contact with your ex unless you absolutely have to. It's just usually more work than you think it would be, but I don't know your situation.
>>
Yes...

But we came back together after 1 month of being friends... We talked about what made us break up and forgave each other...

We've been together for 5 years now.
>>
Depends of two things :

1 - Are you still in love with each other?
2 - Do you want to come back with each other?

I think on the short term it can work because you're not gonna start dating asap so no hard feelings would be involved but not on a long term because if she/he finds someone and you still have feelings, you're gonna be hurt.

Also, it depends on if he/she was good with you. If he was a disrespectful asshole or if she was a total bitch, i see no point of friendship but if you make each others laugh, why not keep it that way and see what happens.
>>
>>17218676

Every situation is different. Some people can manage to be friends some others can't.

We don't have a lot of information so we can't really help you besides giving you common sense advice...

Being friend with an ex requires a high level of maturity which most people don't have because they prefer to protect themselves from suffering again...
>>
Do not. And do NOT give your current partner shit for not being okay with it. People are wary of that shit for a reason. Yeah, maybe you're super-special and maybe this is different, but probably not.
>>
Alright, I guess a bitmore info could help out.

We didn't really date, it got to the point were I wanted a more serious relationship and she just told me she wasn't really in love with me. There was no fight or angry argument. I just accepted it and am trying to move on. She's really nice and we've got similar interests.
>>
>>17218823
I don't think you can be together right now. I mean you two broke up because you were searching for different things right? Maybe in the future or in some time you two can be together if you agree on the same thing, but as long as she isn't in love with you and you are in love with her I think you should move on.
>>
If you were good friends but lousy lovers, maybe. But it's going to be hard to keep the feelings at bay.
>>
File: 1440955001566.png (178 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1440955001566.png
178 KB, 1190x906
>>17218676
Depends. Did you ever truly love her? Can you imagine her with another guy without being upset? However bad that thought makes you feel, multiply it by 5 thousand, and that's how it will feel when it inevitably does happen. Unless it was just a casual relationship, DO NOT DO
>>
>>17218823
Just went through a very similar situation.

If you do decide to be friends, I suggest you give yourself some time first. Or at least make sure you are hanging out for the right reasons (as in you are just spending time with a friend as opposed to wanting to spend time with HER). As others have said, the feelings will be the issue for you here, especially if it's soon after the affair. Be honest with yourself about how you feel and go from there. You can't just delete those feelings and they will get in the way of being friend's.
>>
I'm pretty close with my ex, and I love her in a platonic way. I'm friends with her bf to and we go to concerts together because we are really into the same music.
>>
Absolutely possible

I'm still friends with some of my exes and my boyfriends friends with some of his as well. Don't know what y'all make it difficult.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.