[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend I like and I had a fight. Blocked me on FB. She flew somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: dtan.png (75 KB, 197x226) Image search: [Google]
dtan.png
75 KB, 197x226
Friend I like and I had a fight. Blocked me on FB. She flew somewhere to review for her licensure exam and won't be back for 4 months. We didn't make up before she went away.

So basically, no contact with her for 4 months.

Is there any hope?
>>
Well what was the fight about first.
>>
>>17218356
If she is acting so childish then she didn't deserve you in the first place!
>>
>>17218356
Red flag she's a psycho and you need to get out more
>>
>>17218358
She's someone I know from work.

Well, she's been weird ever since I told her I liked her. She's avoided me several times then we'd be friends again.

We were in a friends period when I tried to make conversation with her and she just ignored me. I lost my cool and confronted her about it. Told her it was getting incredibly confusing but she told me she just didn't hear me talk to her. I apologized some time later but she was already pretty much silent again.
>>
>>17218385
Oh god you poor autist. Your first mistake was not simply asking her on a date. You told her you had feelings--what the hell is she supposed to say to that? It's too much, you weren't even dating her.

2nd mistake was yelling at her for ignoring you. She clearly felt awkward around you and was attempting to be comfortable around you. Then you destroyed that by confronting her like an autist while she's nervous and trying to work out how to act around you to keep it a professional and safe workplace.

Safe to say she's never going to talk to you again because you were clingy and overbearing
>>
>>17218385
I think she thought I was undermining her. Forgot to say there's been a few instances where we've fought a bit because I got too bossy, which is true.
>>
>>17218391
Actually, I did ask her on a date. She said no and asked me how I felt about her. She's still pretty young (22), never had a bf.

I didn't yell at her but I do have a somewhat commanding voice (and I've been on a few leadership roles).

I just really lost my cool at that point. But then I apologized...
>>
>>17218404
Just because you apologized doesn't mean everything is magically ok again. You sound overbearing, like you have anger issues and she probably realized that too. Like if she stayed friends with you, you'd keep losing your cool over this and other things, and she just doesn't want to deal with that. maybe she even forgave you. But it's totally her right to not want to deal with you/anyone who would lose their cool at her.
>>
>>17218421
We've been in and out of avoid/friends loop for a while now. This is the first time I confronted her about it.
>>
>>17218429
It's still the same issue. You lost your cool instead of talking to her like a rational person about it.. She's not chill with that.

A lot of people, being in your shoes, would recognize that she needs space and give her space until/if she comes to you. The 1 and only 'confrontation' you would get is simply asking 'Hey is everything alright with you, seems like you're ignoring me, feel free to talk to me if anything's wrong' but that's only if you've been good friends for a while.
>>
>>17218439
Hey, not op, how long "space" is? Will we ever be able to talk normally?
(autistic female's question)
>>
Don't be so invested in a relationship like that. She doesn't want to see you, you don't have to want to see her. Go see other chicks. There's a reason men saving themselves for Mrs. Right are laughed at.
>>
>>17218447
Depends. For a lot of people. they will never feel comfortable around you and if you care about them you have to respect how they feel and move on. I've been on both ends of this. One person I had to cut out of my life entirely..another person we will say hello when we see each other and catch up a bit (took a few months).

If the other person sees that you are chill and respectful of them, the likelyhood they will be friendly with you again is high. Because they see you aren't going to do clingy/crazy things, and they will feel safe around you.
>>
>>17218460
Thank you, anon, I really needed these words
>>
>>17218439
Well, it's not really fair to say I have anger issues when it was just one time, from a long history.
>>
>>17218466
Glad it helped. I had to get hurt a lot before I figured it out so I don't want anyone else to go through that

>>17218468
Fair enough, but at the very least, it shows you're not good at calming down and thinking before you do something stupid like confronting her angrily like that.

if you're not going to listen to that, then listen to this: She evaluated her friendship with you. She realized it does not add much value to her life to have you as a friend for whatever reason. You losing your cool stressed her out and simply solidified her decision to not have contact with you anymore.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.