[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Addiction and dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ART_oxycodone.jpg (24 KB, 468x293) Image search: [Google]
ART_oxycodone.jpg
24 KB, 468x293
I was an oxy addict for 4 years, I'm now 9 months without taking any drug but every dream I've had since going clean has either been me looking for oxy or me eating oxy, I wake up everyday with it on my mind. Have any other recovering addicts been through this and when will it stop? It's extremely demoralising for me.
>>
I don't have any experience but I hope you keep up your sobriety and find effective ways of coping with your thoughts and dreams about oxy.

I have found that accepting the feelings is a great way to work through difficult thoughts or feelings. Just breathing a bit, and letting myself feel uncomfortable has worked really well. It can take a long time if the subject is sensitive but being able to have difficult thoughts without them being crippling is a good skill to have.

All the best.
>>
>>17218346
I have never been addicted to narcotics but I've had my issues with alcohol, and in the weeks that followed my quitting drinking I would also have crazy dreams but they were all about the anger + fear that underlies my mentality, and also which made me drink.

I think in this same regard your brain is suffering and it knows 100% that the end to it can only be drugs; however when you get up and feel demoralized from having this dream I think that is your subconscious feeling like you have failed - which is clearly not the case. Try to associate the negative feeling when you wake up not as another night you lost out to your addiction, but another night that your brain was reaching out for this substance that's the root of your problems. Over time it will ease.
>>
I drink quite a bit more than the average person, and sometimes I have dreams where I realistically get drunk in them. It's pretty bizarre, the brain seems to be able to reinact the sensation almost perfectly.
>>
>>17218346
swim use to deal that shit, gf was addict.
swim stopped dealing when he met her, got her clean it's been 6 years of soberness.
swim dealt with the same stuff you are, it gets better with time. play video games, look at the sky make pictures with the clouds. swim taught her that all she needed to understand that the beauty of life is stripped away from you with those drugs.
>>
>>17219485
to add , swim thinks you should set goals for yourself that lead to a more prosperous life.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.