[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm always scared that my partner will leave me, I always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 6503015781_5287a9eb80_b.jpg (234 KB, 640x898) Image search: [Google]
6503015781_5287a9eb80_b.jpg
234 KB, 640x898
I'm always scared that my partner will leave me, I always feel like I'm on a knife edge and I have to try my best to keep their attention by being entertaining/interesting/sexually attractive/worth their time

At some point they'll be bored of me and they'll leave me, which would break my heart as there's no one else in the world like them

How do I deal with it?
>>
I guess it's insecurity and i feel that too towards anyone.
>>
Normal people would feel this instead as 'I want to push myself to be my best person, for this person' , but, since you have zero self esteem, you've turned it into 'I'm not good enough woe is misery'. So you need to learn to be ok with yourself as you are.
>>
>>17218344
>I have to try my best to keep their attention by being entertaining/interesting/sexually attractive/worth their time

This is actually true of all relationships, it's just that most never know it.

>At some point they'll be bored of me and they'll leave me

You don't know that. At any rate, we can work on it.

>there's no one else in the world like them

Totally untrue. There's no one else in the world whom you care about *right now* the way you care about them *right now,* but there are tons of people that, given the opportunity, could make you feel identical or deeper emotions. Tons.

The only way to deal with it is to make peace with the idea that your partner might leave you. I absolutely know how anxiety-inducing that idea is, but the genuine truth is that you would be okay without your partner. No, really; you'd be okay. You don't want to lose your partner; of course you don't. But as devastated as you'd be at the loss of your partner, ultimately you'd be okay.

Your partner isn't with you without reason. You are a worthy partner, and *that* is why your partner is with you, plain and simple.

So: the way to deal with it is to repeat this, as a mantra:

My partner probably won't leave me, because I actually am a pretty good partner. But if my partner should leave me, I would be okay. It would hurt like a sonofabitch, but I'd be okay.

And that really is the truth, OP.
>>
>>17218422
Thanks
>>
Dear opie my boyfriend is this way. We both have our moments of insecurity where we feel worthless or not good enough, but I love him guud and treat him excellently. We always strive to be our best for each other. Especially me. I never stop improving and looking forward
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.