[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to have the mind of a cheater but never cheat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Is it possible to have the mind of a cheater but never cheat?
>>
I mean, fucking anything's possible. But why would you?
>>
Lots of people have the mind of a killer but, a minority of them actually kill.

Its not impossible if you have the will power.
>>
>>17218252
Most normal people are capable of cheating.

Those that aren't: compulsives, dependents, some schizoids (the ones who have it as a negative in their moral code, such as myself), and maybe a couple others that i'm forgetting. Probably the paranoids and maybe the rest of cluster A too, since they have extreme trust issues and will not trust anyone enough to cheat with them until an extreme amount of familiarization (more than with the primary partner).

Basically, most sane people can cheat, just like they can assault or kill someone. They just choose not to do so.
>>
Define cheat. What you're looking for may be a thing called impostor syndrome. Basically you feel like you've only ever cheated or gotten lucky with everything you've ever done in life.
>>
Cheating is an action. Thinking about doing something but not doing it, that's called a fantasy.
>>
Yes. When you say to yourself that you're a cheater at heart, you sabotage yourself. Everybody has conflicting impulses.

If you want to quit smoking, don't think of yourself as a smoker trying to quit. Think of yourself as a non-smoker trying to stop obeying an impulse that isn't you. If you want to be a vegetarian, don't think of yourself as a meat-eater trying to quit. Think of yourself as a vegetarian trying to stop obeying an impulse that isn't you.

And if you want to be a faithful partner, don't think of yourself as a cheater trying not to cheat. Think of yourself as a faithful partner rejecting an impulse that isn't you.

You have the power to define yourself through your actions. Everybody has murderous impulses, but not everybody is a murderer. Everybody has the impulse to say wicked things to other people, but not everybody says them. The human spirit is intrinsically divided, but what you choose to express outwardly of what lies within is what counts, not the impulse itself.

Yes, it is entirely possible, anon. If you are mindful and aware of your own thoughts and desires, then you have the power to consciously choose what you do with them. It's really not what's inside that counts.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.