[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Acatisfinetoo_lrg.jpg (125 KB, 573x586) Image search: [Google]
Acatisfinetoo_lrg.jpg
125 KB, 573x586
I've been on 4chan for 10 years today.

In some ways things never seem to change, but I'm glad I always have 4chan as my home where fellow anons can amuse each other.

Does anyone else here feel a great appreciate for this place while everything else in your life seems like shit?

I've never left 4chan online for anyplace over the years because of this feel.
>>
>>17218044
4chan is shit
It has always been shit
It is shittier now, I have been here for six years, 2013 was nice still shit tho, but Traps were not such a big thing on /b/ nor were furries
>>
>>17218067
Yeah, but being amongst the shit and finding the humor in it with the other shitty people has always been a nice point in 4chan.

We all know we're shit so we can just be ourselves and laugh with each other.
>>
>>17218067
4chan is alright, it's gone through it's phases for sure, and it's definitely not what it was in the mid 2000s
>>
>>17218077
I think it's partly the content being spread across so many sub-boards and partly the wave of newcomers that didn't really ever join the culture or feel of it all, but just pretended for the 'memes'
>>
>>17218044
Yeah i like you guys, you're more interesting than anyone i ever meet IRL and always have fun problems to figure out.
>>
>>17218092
>partly the wave of newcomers that didn't really ever join the culture or feel of it all, but just pretended for the 'memes'
It's like a badge of honor or something for some. Put in so many stupid posts and you can go to reddit and pretend to be hardcore. Not that this site is extreme anyways nowadays, it just has more lax moderation.
>>
>>17218044
I keep coming back too. There's just something about being able to give people unfiltered advice that scratches an itch for me. I don't know how to get this itch scratched outside of this forum because most people can't handle being told anything other than "UR SO GREAT DUUURRR" in real life.
>>
>>17218044
4chan has too much moralfags around these days and being anon is not what it used to be on 4chan.

Cancer was getting pretty bad in the past few years - came to boiling point, and then we had the exodus of 4chan.

The amount of visitors probably remain the same, but the people who posted reasonable quality posts all left in the exodus.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.