[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the chance to get a girl to leave her bf of 5 years and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: m.jpg (34 KB, 651x693) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
34 KB, 651x693
I have the chance to get a girl to leave her bf of 5 years and get her to date me. Is it worth it?

I've known her since high school and were now in our 3rd years of college. She has a long time bf currently but he wants to join the military and basically force her to marry him within the next year or two so she can come with him and they can live pretty much wherever he gets stationed (specifics of army shit doesn't matter right now). Now obviously that's a huge step and even though they've been dating for a long time she told me herself she doesn't know if she can go through with it and is thinking about breaking up with him.

At a group hangout we talked about future plans and ours seemed to kinda overlap. I want a steady job, get a decent sized house, wife, kids and want to stay local where we live. I feel like if I keep spending time with her I can talk to her more about these things and find myself a wife in her.

Is it worth it to do all this work though? She's a qt for sure,not the smartest person but she'd make a good wife. I know her bf but not that well that it would cause a problem if we dated. Just weighing the pros and cons here. Anything I should be looking for?
>>
How about don't be an absolute piece of shit and break up a committed relationship, if you really want her that bad you should be willing to wait for her and let things play out on their own, it's not your place to intervene.
>>
If she's willing to cheat with you.
She'll cheat on you.

So no.
>>
>>17217989
Pretty much this.
>>
>>17217835

Yes, it's worth it, though not necessarily for the reasons you gave.

This girl very likely does not want to marry that guy, to become an army wife. Ultimately that has to be her choice, but you would really, *really* be doing her a favor by giving her an out (what sucks it that sometimes army guys feel like assaulting romantic rivals is justified. Be aware).

What, to me, *is* a little goofy, is you talking about her making a good wife. How about you just date her for now?

As for >>17217989

>If she's willing to cheat with you.
>She'll cheat on you.

My wife had a boyfriend when I met her, a fact I chose to ignore, because he was a loser and I knew she was the one for me.

I've heard the if-she'll-cheat-with-you-she'll-cheat-on-you line before, and it's not unreasonable, but it's also not bulletproof. Plenty of girls have shitty boyfriends they are afraid to leave (because, for girls, having a boyfirend endows social status) , but for whom they care nothing, and would gladly leave for a proper boyfriend. That could be you, OP.
>>
>>17217835
Once a cheater, always a cheater.
>>
I'd be honest with her. Admit that you love her and want a future with her. First she'd have to break up with her hoorah. You haven't done anything to anger him so that if he spots her with you in the future he won't try to hurt you, have you?
>>
>>17217984
I'm not really planning on intervening at all, I was gonna plan to hang with her more in groups and just talk to her and see what she does

>>17217989
I'm not trying to fuck her while she's dating the guy, I've gotten fucked over by previous gfs in the situation where they sleazily cheated on me. If I'm going after her I'll do it right, not just make her leave her boy

>>17218479
Thanks man, I know it has to be her choice and as I said I'll wait it out for sure. One thing I know is this army guy is a total wimp, he's not ripped or anything. He wants to do culinary arts thru the military not even serve in the infantry or anything with real combat. So I'm not worried about that in the slightest.

>>17218494
I'll be honest with you, I dont know her well enough to say I love her, ive known her since high school and all but we never hung out much until college. I wanna spend more time talking with her before I decide on what I think is right. I'm totally fine with helping her work out her problems and leaving it at that. I feel bad for her more than anything, she still doesn't really know what she wants to do (since we're in our early 20s) and I'd put that before my needs. And nah ive never done anything to anger the army dude. As I said before he's not trying to be in any combat and is not that type of guy at all. Hes joining to cook and have a steady life (albeit by being a nomad pretty much).
>>
>>17219617
>because a few conversations mean life partner compatibility.
Don't be retarded and find your own, sounds like army dude will fufill her needs already.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.