[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop sounding like a faggot and shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Idiocracy.jpg (40 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
Idiocracy.jpg
40 KB, 500x260
How do I stop sounding like a faggot and shit?
>>
>>17217628
Stop sucking cocks and you'll notice a change within one to two weeks.
>>
>>17217628
You mean literally sounding like a homosexual or just generally being a faggot?
>>
>>17217674
My voice is kind of feminine. I don't sound like a literal fag but it's not very manly.
>>
>>17217676
You can lower you voice by flexing your larynx downward. Idunno. Give me a vocaroo link to further assess your faggotry.
>>
>>17217676

Open your throat when you speak. Deeper voices originate from lower in the larynx due to it being a larger resonance chamber than higher up, which results in higher-pitched "nasal" sounding voices.
>>
>>17217628
Take 2 cocks in the ass and call me in the morning
>>
>>17217676
Consciously making your voice lower continuously can strain and damage your vocal cords. There's a reason why people can't sing all day without losing their voice.
>>
File: image343.png (126 KB, 270x391) Image search: [Google]
image343.png
126 KB, 270x391
>>17217628
First don't speak like an uneducated pirate. When people use foul language it shows lack of intelligence.
>>
>>17217770
Not necessarily. I have an above diction and still manage to curse like a sailor. Studies have also shown that people who curse often tend to be more honest.

I will admit is can be distasteful though, especially among certain company.
>>
>>17217785
above average*
>>
>>17217719
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1yc6Ugq6gTc
>>
>>17217808
That's not feminine at all. Dude you're fine
>>
>>17217842
I got told by two separate women independently at parties that my face doesn't match my voice because it's "feminine". It's fucked with my head.
>>
>>17217808
Dear op.

Paid semiprofessiona VA here. Vocaroo sample is meh only because you're trying to be quiet and you have a shit mic.

You sound relatively soft spoken and in your early 20s. Your voice has a gentle feel to it. You don't use a lot of air to generate your voice and are probably only using volume from the top 1/3 of your lung capacity.

Sound generation makes or breaks a voice if you're trying to achieve some kind of change. That ,and actively being aware of what you want to sound like is going to help you eventually change your resting vocal patterns. That being the kind of voice you speak in when you're not thinking about it.

There's lots of online training for voices you could look up, but in reality you're looking at 6 months to a year of structured effort to change before you notice anything.

Your voice will change as you get older...or if you damage your vocal cords or surrounding tissue by drinking , smoking, suckling cocks. Right now my voice sounds like I've got the ghost of Don lafontaine living in it (guy who coined the whole IN A WORLD movie trailer phrase)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.