[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bill in Ex's Name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Months ago, my ex took the dog she got when we were together to the vet. I didn't want a dog, so the agreement was that it was her responsibility. Weeks later, she goes off her meds and just leaves me. I get left with the dog. There's an outstanding balance on the vet bill and it's in her name only. I get a call from the vet today and they said they called her, but she said it wasn't her dog and gave them my number. I said I wasn't going to pay it and gave them her parents' address (where she is currently living). They said I might still get a letter from the collectors since my address is on the bill (we were living together at the time). My name is not on the bill, but she put me on the account with the vet with no contact info without my knowledge. Should I call tomorrow and request that all information regarding me and my residence is removed from the account entirely? Is there any way I'm responsible for this bill?
>>
>>17217555
Right now I'm more concerned for the dog. It's a living animal fucksake and you're treating a piece of paper as more importance than it.
>>
How much is it? Is it a significant amount or are you squabbling over nothing out of spite for your ex?
>>
>>17217609
That's not advice
OP didn't even say anything about not taking care of the dog. It's about a responsibility and large bill that was dumped onto him
>>
>>17217620
It's money I can't really be dropping right now. I'm a grad student that doesn't get paid much.
>>
>>17217609
I've been taking great care of the dog, actually. It's just not the point of this post. I didn't give the dog back to the original owners for the express reason that she was neglected. We've really bonded since.
>>
>>17217686
Would you be reluctant to give the dog up if your ex ever came to claim it? Is that a possible scenario? And would her claim have some validity if she ultimately paid the expense instead of you?
>>
>>17217705
I would be reluctant to do so. It's just been me and doggo for a few months now. I don't think she will claim the dog. Her parents would not be okay with it and she's 12 hours away now. And I doubt it considering I've already paid $400+ in other vet expenses which she agreed to pay back. When she left, I forgave all of her debts to me and even let her have my old gaming laptop. The outstanding balance from this other vet visit came up a while after we broke up and contact was cut off. I gave the bill to a friend of hers to pass on two months ago.
>>
One other thought, any risk of that vet's office refusing you service in the future if the balance is left unpaid?
>>
>>17217750
The person on the phone seemed understanding, if that matters at all. In any case, I wouldn't go to that vet anyway. There is one much closer to me that I get a discount from since it is associated with my university.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.