[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filling fell out at work and there's a nerve exposed. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: _v1_XUDQPyo.jpg (341 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
_v1_XUDQPyo.jpg
341 KB, 1200x1600
Filling fell out at work and there's a nerve exposed. I have no insurance, and its Friday night after midnight.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
Went to the ER and I think I'm going to regret it. They can only give me something for the pain until I can get to a dentist.

Fuck this life.
>>
>>17217853
I'm sorry bird person, I have failed you
>>
>>17217865
How so?

Thankfully, the doc said it wasn't infected or abscessed, which is not bad I guess. Getting prescriptions that I don't think I can afford to help with pain and swelling.
>>
>>17217878
Because I didn't see the thread to suggest anything. Going to ER was probably the best choice though
>>
>>17217882

Probably. I still feel like. I'm going to regret it when the bill comes because God bless America.

What would you have suggested?
>>
>>17217901
I don't know how unbearable an exposed nerve is, but I can imagine it's very uncomfortable. ER or tough it out til you can see a dentist
>>
>>17217543
Uh what's with that pic OP?
>>
>>17217916

That's the only thing I could think of, too.

As for the pain, sometimes it's nothing. Other times, it's fucking unbearable pain like someone is stabbing my tooth with a spike.
>>
>>17217916
it's fucking terrible. getting the meds is the right choice. try to get in to a dentist tomorrow if possible, if not see one immediately on monday. I had my tooth crack open on campus one day and i wanted to die.
>>
>>17217929

You're not wrong. I have what feels like a canyon in my molar and any shift in pressure feels like death. I can't see a dentist until Monday, and I can't get these prescriptions filled until tomorrow. Tylenol with Codine #3 and Amoxicillin.

The worst part is that idk that I'll be able to afford them.
>>
>>17217882

ER scribe here, was just gonna tell you to go there and get some pain meds. you're otherwise fucked
>>
>>17217976

They didn't give you a shot for pain?
>>
>>17217976
You likely won't, but try to find a place that will agree to a payment plan
>>
>>17217543
just wanted to say, that is the cutest picture ever. she's so non-threatening, the pigeons love her. I've had similar experiences with chipmunks and squirrels.

i want to ask for sauce, but i can't afford to fall in love with a woman i've never met.
>>
>>17218026
I had to drive home, so no.

>>17218028
I don't think I have many options. I was going to try Walmart first.

>>17218023

I feel pretty fucked. Not gonna lie.

>>17218030

I love the pic, too. No sauce because I got it on 4chan somewhere.
>>
Turn yourself into an alcoholic or find some really good weed. Milkshakes and soup for eating, yeah bro I'm 22 and not that experienced, but that's what I'd do and I don't really ever drink or smoke.
>>
>>17218099
This nigger is dumb as fuck and ignore everything they said
>>
Temp tooth might help to at least cover the nerve before you can get to a dentist. They sell it at most stores right next to the orajel.

Other suggestion is a coffee filter filled with a paste made of fresh garlic salt and pepper. It will be harsh but eases the pain everytime for me
>>
File: j4BWlvk.png (96 KB, 6031x2147) Image search: [Google]
j4BWlvk.png
96 KB, 6031x2147
>>17218105
>in other news, I failed the captcha. Miso soup is not coffee.
>>
>>17218129

I thought about that stuff, actually. The tooth stuff that is. I saw it at Walmart. I'm just afraid it'll make things more difficult when I go to get it fixed.

I've also heard that clove oil helps.

>>17218099

Alcoholism runs in the family and weed isn't a fun experience for me.
>>
Horse doctors can generally do the small stuff pretty well and for cheap. Filling should be no problems.

But watch out for scars they get pretty gnarly.
>>
>>17218146
Finding a horse doctor who will work on people can be tricky.

Open up the old phone book, look for the veterinarians that offer "other services."
>>
File: crown_repair2.jpg.jpg (62 KB, 155x155) Image search: [Google]
crown_repair2.jpg.jpg
62 KB, 155x155
Go the drugstore and get a product called "DenTemp." It's cheap, it's effective, and it's a good thing to have on hand.
>>
look up a home remedy, its pretty much alcohol (vodka or something) and cloves. mash 'em up and apply to tooth.

I'm vaguely remembering something my mom told me once
>>
>>17218856

How does this stuff affect things when I actually go to get it fixed?
>>
They won't have any trouble picking it out when they go to repair the tooth. They'll use one of those little iron-hook thingies. It dries hard, but it's not cement- trust me, they've seen it before.
>>
>>17219810
Hrm. Alright
>>
>>17217543
rinse your mouth with warm salt-water
Like 4 cups of water, and 2 tablespoons of salt.
It'll prevent infection, and will keep the pulp nice and tight. Don't use alcohol based mouthwashes. If you can't afford scripts, take 500mg Tylenol every 4 hours
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.