[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ex and I did not break up on good terms. We tried to be friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
My ex and I did not break up on good terms. We tried to be friends because he asked but I still had feelings and everytime I got mad because he would talk to me about the girls he was fucking/dating.

I have tried to do things that would make us never talk again (because he keeps coming back and try to talk to me, saying I'm the funniest and smartes girl he knows or that i'm beautiful etc), like contacting his ex gf he cheated on and i told her about it, he got mad but a few months later, wanted to talk to me again. After that, I was mad again because he was cheating on his current gf so I contacted her again and told her, he got mad but a few months later (this week), he contacted me again to say he was coming where I live and if we wanted to chat....

In the end, he didn't even come to see me although every day he'd keep me updated on what he was doing.

What the fuck?
>>
>>17216663
He contacts you, but you respond.

Stop responding. Block him if you have to.
>>
>>17216667

Blocking him would give him too much importance.
I won't respond anymore but I would like to understand why you would try to talk to someone who has done what I have done.
>>
>>17216663
Nice pic OP, got it saved now.
>>
>>17216678
Sounds like he still loves you deep down. Why'd you break up?
>>
>>17216708
We were arguing all the time, he clearly didn't want to be with me anymore.
He wants to be my friend but I can't bear to hear his "Tinder stories". I told him many many times we couldn't be friend but after a while, he keeps coming back.
>>
>>17216663

>What the fuck?

You both are behaving like children. Even if you are compatible with him neither of you are mature enough to get to that point.

Do a little growing up and try again.
>>
>>17216737

Yeah I know but he's 10 years older than me (he's 35), so I guess that's too late for him.
>>
>>17216743

>Yeah I know but he's 10 years older than me (he's 35), so I guess that's too late for him.

From the situation you were describing I would of guessed you two were 16 at the oldest. Honestly, there's something severely wrong with the two of you.

Grown adults don't behave this way.
>>
>>17216751

How would grown adults behave in this situation?
>>
>>17216765

>How would grown adults behave in this situation?

You're both doing this silly thing where you "break up" and then continue to meddle in each other's lives.

He's an idiot for saying "lets be friends" and then spoon feeding you all this bullshit about fucking other girls and you're an idiot for constantly contacting all of his girlfriends and interfering in things that aren't any of your business.

Neither of you have the maturity to set proper boundaries with each other. You're both sources of chaos in each other's lives and it needs to stop.
>>
If you think he's bad for you, stop talking to him. What the fuck is wrong with you.

>>17216678
>Blocking him would give him too much importance.
This is one of the stupidest things I've read today. Continuing to read messages from him/talk to him about things that make you upset is making him important to you and is letting him control your thoughts and emotions.

Why do you want to keep in contact with this guy so much? He sounds like a really shitty person. This isn't about "why does he want to keep contacting me?" it's about "why am I staying attached to this ex?"
>>
>>17216798

> it's about "why am I staying attached to this ex?"

I don't fucking know. I've been trying to understand for a few years now, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I've read books, I've seen a psychiatrist (he wasn't really good though), I know he's horrible.

Why.
>>
>>17216792
>Neither of you have the maturity to set proper boundaries with each other. You're both sources of chaos in each other's lives and it needs to stop.

Thanks.
>>
>>17216678
>Blocking him would give him too much importance.
You're being ridiculous. You don't meddle in someone's love life if they hold no importance to you. Instead, you be the adult, say enough is enough and block the ex. He doesn't think you're serious about not being friends because normal people would block each other. Instead, he knows he can always come back to you when he needs a shoulder to lean on. And if shit ever gets bad on his end, he probably feels like you would take him back once he's had his fun. He thinks you're weak and he's using it to his advantage.
>>
>>17216835
If you WANT him out of your life, then stop making bullshit rationalizations why you're not going to remove him, and block him to cut him out of your life.

If you want him in your life so much that you're not willing to do this, at least stop whining about how he makes you feel, because that's what you knowingly are inviting.
>>
>>17216851
You are right about everything. I just need to be stronger about this "relationship" but I still don't know why it's so hard. One year ago, it was definitely over in my head, we had not spoken for a whole year and I was getting better, then he came back and I thought he could not hurt me but he did.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.