[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so im preparing for my first fight next week, im 19 6'1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1456983415840.png (50 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1456983415840.png
50 KB, 1200x800
so im preparing for my first fight next week, im 19 6'1 and 200 pounds. ive been watching a bunch of self defense videos and practicing with a punching bag too but what else can I do to prepare myself before hand?

>inb4 dont fight
>inb4 why are you fighting there isnt anything else that will end this so its my only choice

im not going to pussy out either.

any tips from some experienced fighters?
>>
Holy shit stop making threads you stupid cuck.
>>
>>17216640
what? I think you have me confused for somoene else. ive never posted on this board before. i just want tips
>>
>>17216636
Fight dirty. Bite, pull hair, aim for the groin and eyes. Just win. If someone wants to physically hurt you then IMO you have all the more reason to make hell for them
>>
>>17216642
>>>17216269

Admit it, your ex girlfriend is a slut, only cares about your dick, and her boyfriend is emotionally and intellectually superior. dumb cuck
>>
What kind of fight? I've always fought dirty, eye poking, nose/throat hits. But if this is a set up fight rather the people being drunk and supid, that's not gonna fly most likely.
>>
>>17216651
the guy threatened my life pretty much and told my friend that he want to fuck me up and have him record it. so as long as its one on one im going to fight and theres no backing down.

should I aim for teeth and balls? or is that too far?
>>
>>17216655
No that is not my thread. btw i just started dating this girl i met. not that it has anything to do with this thread but youre bringing up women so lol.

is it better to smoke some weed before the fight to loosen up but that will make me slower right?
>>
>>17216666
No, do not smoke weed before a fight, are you retarded? If anything drink some beer.
>>
>>17216636
If it's a fight, do what you must do.
Pro tip: If you are fighting fair, you need to get a new fighting style.

Make sure you aren't the one who started it, but if someone else started it, end it.
>>
>>17216669
ive never fought anyone since i turned 15 so its been a while. it seems like weed would make me not give a fuck and just focus on hitting him.

is it even possible to imagine just nailing him from the side and pushing him down? hes 5'6 and skinny while im more muscular.
>>
>>17216658
This applies ten fold >>17216651

Don't aim for the teeth by the way. Punching someone in the mouth and connecting with teeth hurts a lot. Think about it for a second.

Balls are fair game. It's a street fight. This isn't a tournament. There are no rules. You can aim for the face or head but frankly you're better off with the body first. Instinctively people expect you to aim for the head so they're more prepared to block it. You've got a better chance of landing a first blow to the body and a good shot to the stomach is good to set up for a shot to the head, but even better than the stomach is the solar plexus. I doubt you can pull that off so just go for the stomach.

I used to spar in a lot of tournaments for karate. I have a second degree black belt but if I ever got into a street a lot of that shit went out the window. It's do whatever to win but frankly I avoid all fighting because spoiler alert if you win be prepared for payback.
>>
>>17216686
I use to fuck this guy's girl on the regular while they dated so that is part of his vendetta against me. what kind of payback do you mean?
>>
>>17216683
Oh you have size on him? You win this fight the, grapple him (youtube how to grapple properly) only instead of gong into holds or safe knees or any of that, go for his eyes with your index and middle finger. Then pick him up and try to drop him while falling onto him.

To be honest, it sounds like your gonna get jumped. You have more then just your one mate coming to watch right?
>>
>>17216709
>what kind of payback do you mean?
The kind where you get jumped by him and his friends because you kicked his ass. You think he's just gonna be okay with getting his ass kicked?
>>
>>17216709
Well usually its getting jumped and your ass kicked by four or so assholes. See typically only assholes with assholes for friends do this shit, and that's how they respond to losing.
>>
>>17216677
im planning on him hitting me first. as im going to start insulting him to make him angry enough to escalate it.
>>
>>17216722
yeah my neck is at the top of his head. my legs are wayy bigger, arms from what ive seen are about the same size or bigger. not sure i can pick him up but im sure the adrenaline will help with that. its just me and my m8 going plus my girl would come too. should i be worried about him or his friends fucking up my car?

>>17216729
id hope he isnt like that. i dont see him in my routine life so it would be hard to find me.

>>17216731
he is an asshole for sure.
>>
real tips:
>throw the first punch
>never move backward, always forward or circle, forward is most preferable
>be relentless, street fights don't last long
>practice breathing while punching
>if you get into trouble, cover and dip low, go for legs and try to make a takedown
>if you do end up on the ground, its a race to get on top of your opponent and beat his face, back of the head with hammering fists until he taps

a lot of rookies cover and start to backpedal when they get in trouble or take a hard shot to the head, thats a recipe to take more pain or fall down. hands up, head down, barrel in
>>
>>17216729
>>17216731
To prevent this, you have to cause as much psychological damage as possible, break his morale so to speak.
>>
Alright so as to the payback thing: A way back bunch of years ago this one bouncer friend of mine who was a complete badass set up a fight with this guy who was pretty tough, but more of a "lover not a fighter" guy. They poked at each other a couple of times and no hard connects, but the lover finally got a solid shot in and cold knocked out the badass. LSS - the badass came and found him with brass knuckles just to make sure everyone knew to stay off.

Anyhow, if yer gonna fight a set up fight, I can guarantee you your friends and this guy is a dirtbag and so you are likely one too.

Most people fight because they get caught up in the moment.

So if you are going to fight, here is the first thing you do:

get low and go straight at him, when you get about 6 inches away, pop forward with oth hands extending as hard and as quickly as possible straight to his sternum. Your body should come up as you move forward and your hands need to be aimin about 6 inches behind his back so you pop straight through him. This will at a mimimum get him off balance so you can land a couple quick ones. Most likely, you will knock the air out of him and probably knock him over. It is possible you will break/crack his ribs and or sternum.

if he is still standing, throw a solid punch straight the middle of his face , aiming for his nose/upper teeth. If you connect at all, he will start bleeding. you need to follow up with another one and a third, if you can.

If he is still standing, keep hammering him. avoid hitting the side of his jaw. If you do, you will probably break a finger, making it hard to keep hammering. although that may break his jaw, he wont feel that until the next day.

If the guy just isnt going down, punch his windpipe, game over.

remember though, once he is down, you have to back off. A kick or two to the groin and kidneys is fine, but you dont want to kill him by accident and go to jail..

best of luck on your road to a life in the trailer park.
>>
>>17216709
>Fighting guy who wants to fight you for fucking his gf

Okay, you're probably fighting some kind of retarded groid or meth head, who's woman does this to get him to "show he's tough" because she gets off on it. Enjoy being used I guess.
>>
Find a martial arts or boxing instructor you idiot. There only so much you can teach yourself. But any self respectable person you bring up this will reject the idea.

So find someone who knows his shit, a friend or something. Tell him the situation and let him prepare you.
>>
bamp
>>
Is this what happens when children grow into men but never develop mentally?
>>
>>17216636
I box competitively, ignore all the nonsense people are saying, you can't prepare in a weeks time. What you can do is be extremely aggressive and move forward constantly when you do fight, aggression like that can compensate for skill if neither of you are great fighters. Don't try anything fancy, just use your hands, you sound like a big guy so if grappling happens thats fine but don't try to force it or you will get hit a lot.
>>
>>17218403
Seriously, adrenaline will kick in and you will not be able to execute any of the retarded battle plans people are giving you.
>>
File: nyah.gif (9 KB, 142x120) Image search: [Google]
nyah.gif
9 KB, 142x120
If you're 19 and still involved in fist-fights, you must be really fucking stupid.

That's grade school stuff.
>>
>>17216636
Defend your face with your fist when you throw punches, keep your chin tucked in
Give him a thai kick
>>
>>17216636
throw punches to the air while you repeat this word
"ORA" and when you end the fight say "yare yare daze"
>>
>>17216636
Here's a list of the CRITICAL things you need to know:

1. Dont' get hit - don't stop moving
2. Never stop, no matter how much it hurts
3. Stop hitting your opponent when he's on the ground and not moving; anything before that is fair game
4. Street fights are not fair fights; be ready for weapons and be ready to cause serious injury to protect yourself. Stomping/kicking/breaking/etc
>>
>>17220010
but if he is too strong and you wouldn't expect that, shout to the sky "NANI!!! SUCH A STAND POWER"
>>
File: 11235u35u12.jpg (68 KB, 400x492) Image search: [Google]
11235u35u12.jpg
68 KB, 400x492
>>17216636
Hey /pol/

Need some fight-vice I see.

>Combinations
Jab to cross. move your lead leg back some inches, then dart right back in with a jab cross again. The trick is to know your distance and use your maximal distance, you're tall, tall means long arms. Jab cross is your go to options. Get your one-two razor sharp

Defensively you use rear uppercut, lead hook to the jaw, cross to the jaw. You do this when he moves in to close the distance. You don't have a jab when on defence. On the defence your two power punches are Cross and lead hook. That is three combinations, make them count, make them razor sharp. Also, double them up, but never trible. So you can get away with a quick one-two one-two, but not three times in a row. And aim for the jaw, because if you miss you punch him in the throat.

>Kicking

For kicking, go with distance. So your rear leg is low sidekick to the muscles above the knee. Stomp the shit out of that fucker. Don't do any fancy schwanzy muay thai if you don't know how to hit with your shin. If he blocks with his knee your foot is useless. Stomp his lead leg with your lead leg, switch your stance to get your stomping leg closer.

>Guard

Super important. Train your jab and cross on the bag while holding something on your chin with a clenched fist. Make sure it doesn't drop, make sure that hand stays up to protect your shin. Learn to raise your elbows, so you block punches with your elbow. For hooks you elbow his bicep. For uppercut you elbow his hand and go straight up into an uppercut. For striaght you elbow in a circular motion, to crush his fist or wrist. Crush the attacking limbs with your elbow.

>Grappling

If you know nothing, prioritize getting the back and hammerfisting the shit out of his face. Or getting a full mount, or side mount and punching the shit out of his face. Get his back, then you can take him to the ground and pound him dead.
>>
Bring something sharp like a pencil or a knife in case anything goes wrong
>>
Bro if you don't know anything it's going to be a slugfest anyways keep your chin low and never lose balance hope you knock him out with your wide bitchslaps before he knocks you out with his bro.
Or be the bigger man and an adult and let him have his shittalk or whatever fighting with 0 experience is like full on gambling without a clue nobody is actually going to give a shit.
>>
Your dex is shit, but your con and str might be alright. I'd say play it defensive for the first bit. Dodge what you can, redirect what you cannot. If you can land a hit, take it. Otherwise, just wait for the guy to wind himself. When he starts to get tired, he'll come in for a grapple, and that's when you should hit him. Quickly shift your weight forwards over him, and bring him to the ground and start railing him.

Otherwise, you've likely got no chance.
Fighting is pretty dumb.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.