[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this tattoo embarrassing? If you had this tattoo would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1463272029358.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1463272029358.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
is this tattoo embarrassing? If you had this tattoo would you be embarrassed? I feel embarrassed having it. I feel like it makes me look like im trying to be a white night. When in actuality im a beta fag and it makes me even more beta having it. How do I become less cringey? I would like to get sleeve tattoos to cover it but I am pretty shy and not sure if I would like people judging me because of my tattoos. But then again lots of people have them now. What kind of tattoos should a beta fag get? Should I get half sleeves to cover it? I would just get it removed but the artist went too deep with the ink to get full removal. I got the tattoo because I met a girl that was really cool that had tattoos and I figured if all these nice people were going to hell because the have tattoos then I would go with them but now I feel stupid like I made a hasty decision and now I'm paying for it. I really want fun tattoos that people could be like hey cool tattoo you must be a friendly person. Not a tattoo that says your just a Christian you must be intolerant of other religions or ideas. Although I feel like the story of Jesus was nice I'm not sure I believe he was resurrected or that he actually healed people, he may have been an actual person though who was crucified. I believe more in science and the hard facts of life although I still believe in god or something that has brought about the consciousness that we all experience. What should I do with this tattoo since I'm not really a believer in Christ?
>>
>>17216456

>he solicits the opinions of others and submits his will to the will of others
>he doesn't take ownership of the decisions - both good and bad - that has made him the person he is today

you fail at life.
>>
>>17216464
I know I fail at life. I want to succeed but I make too many stupid hasty decisions that's why I'm asking the opinion of others now. I don't want to make another bad hasty decision.
>>
>>17216456
>is this tattoo embarrassing?
No, but the way you serial-repost this is. Please stop.
>>
>>17216476

the decisions you take may be shit but they're yours, dumbass.

to err is human. either get that fucker lasered off or don't. your decision. if you let someone else make that decision for you, you're less than human.
>>
hey 2016 crosses are wack, fuck ur stepmom step sister
>>
Yeah, it's pretty fucking gay and generic. I would get a sleeve of something cool over it.
>>
>>17216456
Op, completely anecdotal evidence here, but i have a sleeve. And i make about 55k a year. I'm currently in school for electrical engineering. I wear long sleeves to classes, just in case some professor has preconceived notions about people with tattoos. I work full time, and got 3 As and a B last semester.

What i'm trying to tell you, is that if you want a sleeve, get it. it makes literally no difference.

If i can pry a little bit though, you seem really insecure. it doesn't matter what we think of your tattoos. it only matters what you think. my tattoos empower me. they are testaments to my faith. I don't give it a second thought if someone says they don't like it.

if you are not a strong enough willed person to make that commitment, i suggest you do some soul searching before you get any more permanent marks made on your body.

just my $0.02
>>
If I saw that tattoo on someone I'd assume they had a double digit IQ and were raised in a trailer park, and they work at jiffy lube and make payments on a $20,000 dollar truck and theyre barely keeping their head above water.

You should get it lasered off. Tattoos are gay in general, but that generic ass white trash cross is one of the worst ones you can get. Basically a male tramp stamp.
>>
>>17217887
You know in leviticus it says no tats right? Fucking dumb christfags. Testament to your faith should be your righteous actions and steadfast morals. Not some gay ink on your skin.
>>
>>17216456

I think it's bad to associate with symbols in general. It puts a lot of pressure not only on yourself but others to try to view you the way you want. When people get tattoos it's not because they want to be proud of something or be a canvas. They do it because they want confirmation from others of their own perception of who they are.

That being said when I, and others who realize this, see someone with a tattoo--we see them as someone who is lost, not confident, and still trying to find their way in the world.

Now you can choose to accept this or choose to ignore it and continue the tattoo life--a lost life.
>>
>>17217918

yes. testaments to my faith. no where in my post did i say i was a christfag, nigger.
>>
>>17217930
okay, muslimfag, or roleplay pagan fag. Either way it's all made up, and you're an idiot.
>>
>>17217934

neo-pagan, if you need to know. i don't believe that "Odin watches over me from Valhalla", but i do greatly align myself with the moral values of Asatru, and that means a lot to me. I believe in a man's duty to be a man. It means so much to me, that i have it permanently etched in my skin. If that upsets you, I'm sorry. Please get some A&D ointment for that sore bottom, it could get infected.
>>
>>17217948
That's not why you have it.
See
>>17217923

A lot of things mean a lot to me but I don't put it into my skin, if it means so much to me I wouldn't need to remind my self.
>>
>>17217948
I'm not upset personally, i just think it's retarded. Like a teenager wrecking a new car their parents bought. It doesn't affect me, but it makes me think "god damn, how stupid can some people get".

Also, if you don't believe Oden watches over you, then you're a practitioner of a creed, not a faith.
>>
>>17217951

eh. you're not going to tell me why i have a tattoo. I know why i have it. when i wear short sleeves, i'm effectively "witnessing" for my faith. Ive had many productive conversations with people that started with "what are those weird symbols on your arms?". It isn't a reminder for myself, it's a way of potentially converting others. Again, i'm deeply sorry if you don't like it.
>>
>>17217960

No one is going to see a tattoo and say "Oh man I'm going to forget Allah", or "Oh shit god is real!". You don't do it for those reasons. My explanation has been backed by numerous studies.
>>
>>17217957

that's your prerogative. you have the right to think i'm retarded. i'd never think of trying to rob you of that on a Taiwanese Basket Weaving forum. I was simply explaining why i chose to have these symbols permanently put on me. I hope you understand, i am not trying to change your opinion. simply explaining mine.

i can understand your metaphor about the car. it makes sense in some ways. but for me, potentially showing some people that "being a man" is OK is worth "wrecking my car". I don't expect you to understand, but that''s my stance.

and BTW, you're right. it'd be more of a creed than a faith. I'm slightly tipsy, please excuse my misuse of words.
>>
>>17217970

i agree. my tattoos are more about a "creed" than a "faith" as the other anon diligently pointed out.

If i can show even one man that it is OK to be a man, my tattoos were worth it, despite any misfortune they may or may not cause me. i hope you can understand that.
>>
god fucking dammit thats so ugly and your arm looks fat as fuck just like your stomach what a dumb fuck decision like really. you use those tissues to cry a lot because you fucked up your arm?
>>
same shit poster here. my ex had one tattoo of like a cherry or some shit on her lower stomach and when she got w the guy she got some japan symbol that means strength or some dumb shit like wtf but not my body so i dont give a fuck but the "bf" has a bunch of tattoos
>>
>>17217978
Your tattoo sounds bad ass. But no matter how you rationalize it, you do it so others can see you the way you want to be seen. You want people to acknowledge and reaffirm who you are. This has been shown over and over empirically. Now ofc you can choose not to trust the data (Not being sarcastic very valid), but something to think about)
>>
>>17217999
Empirically? Show me these studies please, I'm curious.
>>
>>17217999

nah you're totally possibly correct. i'll take that into consideration. It's interesting to think about the subconscious reasons i've decided to do what i do.

But in complete honestly, i've never consciously thought about what "someone else would think about me" when getting tattoos. It's always been about how i can affect their perception of themselves, not how they perceive me. i hope that makes sense.

Like, if i could make even one "beta male" decide it's OK to know what he wants and do what he needs to get it, it would all be worth it to me. does that make any sense?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.