[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ I wanna learn programming Any tips or sites where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: xyHL0Wep_400x400.png (94 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
xyHL0Wep_400x400.png
94 KB, 360x360
hey /adv/
I wanna learn programming

Any tips or sites where I can go to can help
Also , what program should I start with , my goal is game developing so I heard C++ is the way to go
>>
>>17216375
just download a c++ book online for "free". thats what i did, c++ works great with unreal 4.
>>
>>17216394
which version of C== should I download
>>
>>17216440
love the fact that I managed to type the C with capitals but not ++
>>
>>17216440
The latest one. You can learn how shit worked in older versions as you go.

But if you go with traditional compilers like clang/GCC, choosing the version is just a matter of passing a argument to the compiler (e.g., -std=c++11, std=c++98).

Also, be prepared that game development consists of a lot of math (if you're just not stupidly using frameworks).
>>
>>17216375
>Also , what program should I start with , my goal is game developing so I heard C++ is the way to go
Not as a first programming language, it isn't. C++ is good for many things, but learning to program isn't one of them. Try Python or Lua instead: both have very strong support in the gaming community, while being much better-suited for people learning to program. You can go for C++ later, when you have a better grasp of the fundamentals.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.