[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ I just told my crush i liked her.. >liking her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
hey /adv/

I just told my crush i liked her..

>liking her for almost a year

she ended up saying no..I really like this girl and hearing that she doesn't like me in that way really hurt me.
I need help. How do i get over her? i don't want keep on liking her since she doesn't like me

Please help....
>>
you cut all contact and find something to distract your mind
>>
>>17216326
I can cut the contact that will be easy but distract my mind will be hard...
well this summer im gonna try to lose weight too
is that a distraction?
>>
>>17216326
pretty much this.
I feel sorry for you, OP.
>>
> she ended up saying no...

No to what exactly? Did you actually ask her out or did you just admit to your long-term crush that you've been thinking about them romantically for a year without doing anything about it like a beta faggot?
>>
>>17216336
saying no that she dont feel the same way
>>
File: 1428985234376.jpg (19 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
1428985234376.jpg
19 KB, 618x416
>>17216248
Heh I'm proud of you OP you challenged your fear and don't have to worry 'what if' or berate yourself for being a coward anymore.

Chin up, kiddo. Ya did good
>>
>>17216347
thank you :^)
>>
>>17216248
Time is a great healer.
I've been here before - madly into people only to be rejected or forced to move on.
It's not easy and I'm not gonna ever act like it is. Sometimes you manage to disconnect fine but sometimes you get tangled up in the pain of it all. But I stress that time heals it all. You won't believe me right now, but there are plenty other girls you'll find and like. I've seen people like girls for 3 years and fuck it up, but the key is to move onward and upwards.
Have self confidence - You're better than you think and you're tougher than you realize. You'll get over this and become a better person because of it. Just take it one day at a time, hang with good friends, just try and distract yourself, and eventually you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
This is really your own fault for letting your feelings fester and grow for a year.
>>
>>17216347
Hey I'm not OP but holy shit man that's really motivational. You're a good dude, stranger.
>>
>>17216340
Well, a word of advice...

Next time you figure out you like someone, don't just sit on your hands. All that happens when you hang on to a crush is you brood and admire from afar and she will either eventually get a boyfriend, which will make you feel terrible, or she'll just disappear, and you'll have to wonder what could have been. The worst thing that can happen is she rejects you, and if you haven't spent the last year obsessing over it, it won't sting nearly as bad as it did this time.

You also won't have spent the last year trying to get closer, making friends with her friends and basing a significant part of your social life on the precedent that this girl will fancy you, too.

Just ask them out, and be clear that it's a date. Even if she did like you and would have considered dating you, it's kind of intimidating for someone to just come up to you and say "I've had a crush on you for a year. Now you know and what are you going to do about it?" It's way easier to say yes to a lower-level commitment where she can actually get to know you personally, like over coffee.
>>
>>17216365

Fuck man that was so motivational...
thanks anon
>>
>>17216379

I learned from my mistakes...
>>
>>17216395
No worries dude, I know how it feels.
If it's any condolence, you grew a pair and flat out asked her, and that deserves respect. You can at least know she didn't like you rather than spend time wondering what could have been.
>>
>>17216248
Hey op, i just went through something like this recently, and i was acting like a beta fag for a few weeks. The best way i found to get over my crush was to meet new girls and move on.
>>
>>17216419

>be me
>never had gf or kiss
>ugly, fat (around 220 pounds)
>>
>>17216423
In the exact same boat my dude.
I have a shitload of friends, and I'm charismatic enough to make friends with literally anyone, but I'm still completely inexperienced in romance.
Step one is to admittedly lose weight. It's easier than you think, just count calories - Worked wonders for me and I can tell you it makes you feel so fucking good.
Looks aren't everything, but they're a huge part of it. The other part is personality. Take some pride in yourself. I'm fat and probably pretty ugly too, but I get far in having a sense of confidence. If you can walk into a room and carry a presence, you'll go far. Don't project too many insecurities and always try and get a smile, and I think you'll do just fine.
>>
>>17216441

My personality isn't the best. Also i try working out but i get tired very easily so i just give up
>>
>>17216465
Do you idolize or look up to any athletes?
I'm a huge pro wrestling fan so I look at guys like Brock Lesnar or the Steiner Brothers and think "man I wanna be like them dudes"
That helps me to work out.
Also, your body is pretty good at maintaining muscle. You're fat so you'll have great legs and calves, just go curl some shit and do plenty of pressups. Do it in your room if you have to, cause I know it's hard to do it in public
>>
>>17216485

I try exercising in my room but my sister just laughs at me calling me a "dumbass" HAHA you're not going to lose weight fatass"

and that just brings me down and wanting me not to exercise in my room
>>
>>17216503
Fuck her, dude. You're better than that.
Everything counts. I'm no fitness expert but I've went down from an XXL to an XL just by counting calories. It's really not hard either, I just never go over 2000-2500 calories.
Your sister shouldn't laugh at you for simply trying to keep healthy, and she's probably only saying that shit because she's trying to fight her own insecurities.
if you have any friends who go to the gym, tag along with them - You'll be surprised how helpful people are in there. The guys who belong in these gyms, like the ones who are actually tough, have nothing to prove, and they'll actually be nice to you.
>>
>>17216520

Thanks anon :^)
I won't give up and i will watch my calories
>>
>>17216536
hard work and dedication always pays off.
Just remember that you're never alone, and above all, life means more than finding a chick and getting laid. Don't lose weight for the girls, lose it for yourself. But of course, reap the benefits.
spread your wings and fly, Rise from the ashes and overstep the boundaries from mediocrity into greatness.
>>
>>17216536
i have to be honest, when i started working out. A month later, even without any actual physical improvement I had a huge boost of confidence and I found it skippy smooth talking to females.

Then I started browsing 4chan again. I've realzed that this cesspool is very toxic for my mental health. I suggest trying and taking a break from 4chan.
>>
>>17216576
thank you anon
you're a good man
>>
>>17216590

nah man that will be hard
been here since 09
>>
>>17216597
10 for me, but I have to admit, my year long leave was definitely the happiest i've been in my life.
>>
>>17216624
exactly man!!
its gonna be hard
>>
>>17216340

Of course she doesn't. What did you expect?
>>
>>17216668

probably a yes because she never had a bf or guy like her
>>
>>17216682

So you were expecting her to settle for you?
>>
>>17216783
i mean
yeah sure why not?
>>
>>17216787

Cause people dont like to settle, especially in relationships. You wouldnt want to date someone you didnt find attractive.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.