[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When applying to a job, Are you required to inform the employer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: job-application-waste-time.jpg (368 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
job-application-waste-time.jpg
368 KB, 1000x667
When applying to a job, Are you required to inform the employer of military service if they ask? Could I check off "no" to avoid questions about this part of my life? is it illegal?
>>
No, man, go ahead. You can also check the box that says you have a college degree even if you don't. Just make some shit up about your educational history. It'll be cool.
>>
why wouldn't you want to inform them of military service? wouldn't they see you as being more disciplined/mature?
>>
>>17215898
OP doesn't want them to know that he killed some people
>>
>>17215904
I would prefer to not be known as a dude with military experience. I am unable to find any laws that require you to inform employers about military service.
>>
>>17215906
If you're worried about your colleagues, no one else in the workplace will know other than the person who conducted the interview
>>
>>17215910
I would like to avoid it all together. is it illegal?
>>
>>17215904
I suspect this is less about military experience and more about discharge status.
>>
I take buisness class, its not illegal to lie on an application, but if they somehow find out and you get the job, they can fire you on the spot so you should be honest as possible
>>
>>17215925
it is stupid to lie on an application, but you are free to do so. they want to know whether you were honorably discharged or not. it's just like what they'd get from any other employers (I.e., would you hire this person again?").
>>
>>17215929
Bingo. I am surprised it was apparent to everyone from OP's post alone.
>>
>>17216202
*wasn't apparent.

Stupid fat fingers typing on cell phone...
>>
>>17215925

It's not illegal, but lying on a resume isn't recommended cause if you do, they will not hire you or fire you on the basis that you may have lied about other things on your resume/application.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.