[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shaky hands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Shaky-Hands.gif (122 KB, 620x210) Image search: [Google]
Shaky-Hands.gif
122 KB, 620x210
So its not something extremely intense at this moment but I always had this sort of problem, I didn't care too much but I'm starting to worry for the following: It might be troublesome in the future when I work in what I'm studying, which is electronics so that involves circuit repairing and other tasks of precision, I'm scared of wasting 5 years of my life getting the engineering degree and then find out it was a mistake.

Any suggestions? Is this something treatable? Or that can be controlled with some sort of medicament or exercise? Should I study something else? (I really don't wanna, but I gotta think about my future).

Thanks for any advice.
>>
Does it run in the family?

Does alcohol decrease the shakiness?
>>
I was diagnosed with something similar, and when i whined to my neurogist that i would become a terrible surgeon, he was unimpressed.
Does your hands shake constantly or when you put force into them?
>>
>>17215781
Completely anecdotal, but my friend has an overactive thyroid and that causes her hands to shake. It's genetic, and she needs to take medication for it when it gets especially bad. See a doctor to make sure it's not something serious.
>>
>>17215816
Anon, why do we give beta blockers for essential tremor?

I kind of get primidone and alcohol, because both enhance GABA in the cerebellum (?), but why beta blockers?
>>
>>17215793
Not really as far as I know, my father is a technician and has no problem.

>Does alcohol decrease the shakiness?

I almost never drink so I can't tell.

>>17215816
No, its not that bad for now, but when I open them wide to see if they shake sometimes some of my fingers start shaking, normally they stabilize after a few seconds.

Sometimes using screwdrivers I feel lack of precision but I think that nerves play a role aswell, today I made some simple circuits in a very small protoboard (170p), I had no major problem, but it still worries me a little bit.

My hands are pretty weak, I'm not used to manual labor, but for the most part my work would require precision and not strenght.

>>17215831
I plan to get a check soon absolutely, this thread is to get some ideas in advance, thanks.
>>
>>17215781
I had a twitch in my hands that b-12 pills fixed. Probably not the same thing but worth a shot. Most people are deficient in b-12 anyway so you have nothing to lose.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.