[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 18 I'm in high school, going to be a senior next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I'm 18 I'm in high school, going to be a senior next year. I've had to take low level classes because I have get migraines that keep me out of school, 120 days absent freshman year, 80 soph, and only around 40 this year. as a senior I am taking lower level classes as well just in case. I'm pretty alright with computers, friends and family come to me when they need help. my plan is community college to get autism classes out first 2 years then Rutgers for cs next two. what should I be doing to prepare myself for that, and also is this a good plan? I'm really nervous and feel like I'll fail in life because of the migraines I can't help.

if replies could stay semi srs would be appreciated
>>
That sounds like the best course of action OP. If you're dead set on CS, there's a lot of materials online that will help you get a understanding before you take college courses. If you're interested, check out the /g/ sticky. I assume you've looked into medical treatment for your migraines?
>>
>>17215946
if you are still there yes, we went the holistic route and I am doing much better then shoving meds down my throat as you can see by the decrease in absences
>>
>>17217030
Did you actually try the medicine or are you just bashing it because you're a hippie?
>>
>>17215610
BE CAREFULL WITH THE CS MEME, DONT FALL FOR IT
>>
>>17215610

I think you make up the migraines and use them to manipulate people into doing what you want, including extended periods out of school.
>>
>>17217036
I tried it for two years and had no result. This year I've felt and been the best for a while. I don't care if I'm using traditional medicine or whatever this shit I use now is, I do what works and makes me feel good

>>17217327
yeah man you hit it right on the head. all 3 of my friends get the SHIT manipulated out of them, and yeah man love laying in bed all day instead of going to school and actually doing something

>>17217323
pls explain
>>
>>17217327
another thing is its not really extended periods, I'm in and out, my sister has some minor migraines, grandma on one side along with both parents. the in and out part makes it hard because I can't stay current and catch up at the same time. imagine high school if you missed every other day
>>
>>17215610
I suffer from chronic migraines myself and I think this is a good idea. There's also the option of online classes, which you can do from home if you're good at time management.

If that doesn't work, you can talk to your school and teachers about options, such as extended time periods for assignments and other options, it makes it easier for you to be excused from classes as well as long as you stay up to speed. You just need to keep open communication with each professor and always be courteous and kind, thank them often and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>17217414

It's all in your head, you have a mental illness. The migraine isn't real
>>
>>17217425
lol bro I see auras and can't see then get the feeling of a needle in my eye then throw up, guess the classical signs of migraine are in my head wtf do you guys smoke.

>>17217423
the latter is being done in Hs right now for me with the help of an IEP and 5041K.

I'm concerned that college won't be so lenient. thanks for the encouragement migraine bro
>>
>>17215610
Good plan OP
>>
>>17217425
migraines are definitely very real and debilitating, I can be out from one for 2-3 days depending, vomiting and they also trigger my seizures

>>17217436
do you take any medications for them? I've had a lot of success with triptans, they're a literal god send. definitely look into sumatriptan (imitrex) if you haven't already, I can take one as soon as I feel a migraine about to set in and it's gone in 15 minutes

and you'd be surprised, in college it's all about learning to take care of things yourself, you're going to have to approach all of your teachers in person and explain things to them.

Review your teachers before hand, ratemyprofessor is usually pretty great, and get the highest rated ones you can. They're usually the most lenient.

Also try to set up your classes on alternating days, if possible, so you can have resting days in between. I did this and it saved my life
>>
In fact this is a serious bit of advice.

Stop eating all wheat/flour/processed whole grains.

Cutting out empty carbs and what once was labeled "gluten" in general reduces "crashing" and sugar cravings that increase insulen spikes and sharp drops.

Patients with wheat allergy or sensitivity/intollerance to lactose milk products, and red meat or even protien rich whole meats, will show symptoms of depression, seasonal emotional instability, and he most common M I G R A N ES and accue anxiety.

If your parents are alchoholic beer fed corn breeders then kys without warning life will never improve. All doctors will force pills dwn your neck or needles in your arm at the ward all while your extended family picks you up taking straight to Hardees for a tripple bacone western fap
>>
>>17217425
Migraines are a real thing, and a simple search on Google could help you see that.
>>
>>17217480
>>17217505

hey guys, thanks for the suggestions and help. on the more medical side I have found something that works. I take dietary supplements, (magnesium taurate, a multi vitamin, feverfew, d-5000, b3, and a vitaline+c0q10 capsule), in addition I was allergy tested (where they put a little of each alergen right under your skin in a bubble and see how you react) and I take antigens custom made for what I am alergic to. the combonation of all this along with a diet avoiding my severe and mild allergies seems to be doing wonders, as I can go multiple weeks in a row without a migraine.

both of my parents are extremely helpful in this process so I have nothing to worry about, my dad shelling out money for expensive medicines and pills, most of which had 0 effect on me until now anyways. not to discredit my mom either, she did a lot of the initial research to figure out what the fuck was wrong with her son and why he was constantly shitting water. I have tried most of the traditional medicine shit and it didnt work, shit you take daily, on the onset, or after a migraine. nothing worked. my migraines are less severe in addition to being much less frequent, so I am positive about the future.

to respond to the second guy here, wheat is a slight allergy of mine, we shop at mostly healthy places like trader joes and whole foods, (the latter less now, expensive af). if the migraines were happening more I would try this but at once every 1-2 weeks I am pretty sure it is just the buildup of every time I cheat on my diet. I still eat wheat and cheese despite being a slight allergy of mine. wheat is in everything and i fuckin love cheese. that is probably why I shit water. but I don't get migraines so I am fine. as for the doctors forcing needles and pills on me, thats how it was the last 2 years then this last year me and padre were like fuck this shit and tried natural stuff, sure e-fucking-nough it worked.

ill use what works.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.