[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me in dealing with a horrible coworker? We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: alanahsupergirl.jpg (130 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
alanahsupergirl.jpg
130 KB, 1080x1080
Can someone help me in dealing with a horrible coworker?

We're in sales and every so often I will be selling to an attractive female. This is when my coworker will butt into the transaction and try to steal her away from me... not for the sale, but just because he wants to talk to a girl.

The worst part is this guy isn't even alpha. He's a 30 year old kissless virgin with no social skills whatsoever. But that doesn't seem to make a difference in this scenario. If he was actually alpha, I could accept it, but I'm being cucked anyway.

This is how a typical one will go down:

Me: So what can I help you with?
Girl: Well this vibrator looks good, but do you have anything bigger?
Me: Yeah, over here we have --
Coworker: (Cutting in) YEAH over here we have some more diverse sizes.
Me: .......

I can't really talk over him, because I just look pathetic fighting over a customer. I have to let it go or I'll look just as pathetic, but there has to be a better way.

How the fuck do I deal with this? What should I do as soon as he butts into the convo and tries to steal the customer?

He doesn't get anywhere with these women, he's only losing me a sale and we work on commission. He will never try to steal a customer off me unless it's an attractive lady. It's fucking annoying!
>>
This is just me but I would probably tell him that when I open a sale with a customer that that's my sale and it makes no sense for you to come in and talk over me. I will do the same for you.
>>
>>17215531
This. Tell him to straight himself out or you'll have to take this further up.
>>
>>17215335
Have you called him out on this shit, or are you being a non alpha and hoping he reads your mind?

Beat him over the head with a big floppy dildo if he doesn't fuck off
>>
>>17215541

I call him out all the time, our whole team does (he does it to everyone), but he still does it because he's so thirsty. I want to call him out AS he's doing it, without looking awful in front of the customer.
>>
>>17215562
what about...

>have a pretty lady friend go as a client
>she goes to you
>guy tries to butt in
>your friend remarks he is rude for doing so and he was talking to you
>make him drop his spagetti with the "client"
>girl covertly expresses his disgust and leaves

from that day you'll never let him forget that moment
>>
>>17215586
Decent idea right there
>>
>>17215562
Talk to your manager then

They should take care of a shit employee
>>
>>17215335
My manager did something similar to me and I fucking blasted him verbally infront of all the staff at the end of the day. Never bothered me like that again..
>>
He sounds creepy. If you want to complain to a higher up about it, you could come at it at a white knight "he's making our female customers uncomfortable" angle. But that might make you look just as creepy if you sell it wrong. And frankly, "this faggot is stealing my commissions" seems like the most valid reason to complain there is.

How successful is he at selling to these women, acting like that? Do they ever come back?

>>17215562
Watch the customers' body language. If they show any signs of "what the fuck is going on?" or "oh shit, someone save me from the creepy salesman," then jump in quick and you'll be fucking superman. I'll put money in it that they know exactly what he's doing.
>>
>>17215562
Why isn't your manager doing something about this? Why aren't you demanding credit for the sale? Most businesses that run on commission have pretty clear rules for sales staff about this, because this is the sort of behavior that can cause huge problems for a business when salespeople start fighting.

If your manager won't do anything about it, I don't know why the other salespeople aren't working to make this guy's life miserable. Why aren't you all cutting in on his sales constantly? Like "Hey [loser guy] you're needed in the back immediately, [other salesperson] will help this customer".
>>
>>17215562
>our whole team does (he does it to everyone),
Then why the fuck is he still employed there?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.