[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posted yesterday, no advice was given. I have a profession issue:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0208.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0208.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Posted yesterday, no advice was given.

I have a profession issue:
I've been working at this dream job of mine (Rollercoaster technician)

Well the job is awesome and it pays well, or well, it should pay well:
I've been doing this for almost 18months under doubble extensions of the original 6-month "try out contract" wich pays me about 1000€ less then my fellow technicians.
I mean at the end of the day, I do the same if not more work then my collegues and I still make so much less money!

The idea of the "try-out contract" is that I work 6 months for a smaller sallary while they get a chance to see me in action: "If Im a good fit for the position".
I should, after those 6 months, get a full time contract with full pay but instead the "people holding the cash" decided to just extend the try out for another 6 months! And then when those 6 months were up they did it again!!

I have bills to pay and shit to buy! + I'm trying to find a better apt and "I don't have a full time contract" usually don't sit well with the landlords.

Anyways..
My current 6 months are almost fulfilled and I really want to get the full time contract this time!
I want to send some pressure up the chain of command and make them atleast think about it.

>What do I do?

Also: My boss isn't the problem, he wants to give me the contract, it's higher up the chain where they're being cheap.

I love this job, I just can't walk away. After this any other job will feel dull so...
>>
I'm sorry to hear that anon. This happens a lot in Mexico too, but sadly I'm not from there and cannot give advice. Any form of legal help or a union to turn to? It's really fucked to get renewed for a contract meant for beginners. I think it's best not to sign, but you could also not be guaranteed a job elsewhere.
>>
so there was a contract involved?

sue. fuck em, you've been fucked three times now and they haven't even sucked you off.
>>
>>17214518
But if I sue them = Very unlikely I'll get the job.

As a guy who usually don't like to work, I've found what I want to do: This shit!
I was so bored working production lines (Original education: Industrial Technician) but I know I want to work with Technologies and it doesn't get much cooler then climbing coasters!
I can't just leave, not when Im this close to getting it, there's no guarantee that I get a chance to work with this kind of thing again.
>>
>>17214535
Shop around for a similar job.
You have 18 months of experience, that will soon become 2 years, and know it's your dream-job... just check if there is anybody offering better conditions.
Ofc, don't tell your boss that you're jumping ship. Don't tell anybody, better yet.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.