[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those who have graduated from uni, realistically what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: grades[1].jpg (380 KB, 1000x867) Image search: [Google]
grades[1].jpg
380 KB, 1000x867
For those who have graduated from uni, realistically what's the difference between having "good" grades and just passing if all you're going for is a bachelors?

I'm working towards becoming a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep, and ever since I got accepted into a fairly prestigious Uni, and then it's Biochemistry department I've just...not given a shit about my grades. Talked to counselors and even they tell me none of my employers have to see my grades if I just don't include it in my resume.

It's just a little demoralizing. Here I worked so hard to get where I am now, and now in my last year of school I feel like nothing matters as long as I pass.
>>
They don't have to see your grades but if you graduate with honors that is a bonus. Also don't think of it only as "how will this look to employeers" but also as "how will this prepare me for a future career"
>>
>>17214441
I agree with this. Graduating from a well known school is probably the main point, but if you can add "Graduated cum laude" or whatever to your resume that's just icing.
>>
>>17214441
I don't quite see the difference. I don't plan on changing my career, and promotions/more money will just come with greater experience and my own accomplishments as a sales rep.

Perhaps this is just the case for myself, but I feel like it's the same for other jobs as well. Teachers for example I'm sure are not treated differently depending on their grades.
>>
>>17214457
I mean, think about learning as much as you can, and the grades will fall into place.
Don' tthink of college just as a way to get a job, but also as a way to learn as much as you can. You are not going to have teachers and textbooks around you forever so enjoy it while you can, you will miss it at least a little bit when it's gone if you have half a brain.
>>
>>17214472
oh without a doubt. I guess the main thing that's bugging me here is how silly the grade system is.
>Work ass off to get into good uni
>Work ass off to get into competitive major
>Work ass off to...be in the same situation as if I just dicked around or worse off than if I spent my studying time networking instead?
>>
>>17214483
I mean yeah, that is somewhat true and frustrating. but you won't really be in the same situation if you actually take advantage of being in school and learn a lot. because you will be a good, intelligent, skilled employee and your classmates will be braindead and clueless begging for help from others.

also, networking doesn't have to take a lot of time. make a few good friends who seem to have promising careers, talk to professors about anything somewhat relevant, that's networking and studying at the same time, join one club and stick with it. it's not quantity, it's quality. you'll only need 2-3 references for most applications, so don't stress out about trying to be best friends with every successful person around you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.