[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UTI that is getting worse can't afford doctor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I'm a broke college student and I can't afford to go to the doctor, but I'm up right now crying so hard because I'm in so much pain. Also it's my birthday and I feel like shit please help.
A few days ago I noticed I had lower abdominal pain when I leaned over and shit
> went to bathroom pee smelled funny
>knew they were uti symptoms
> had one before
>didn't have pain when i peed so i ignored it
>few days later
>get the worse abdomen pain
>try to ask around for help
>everyone brushes it off like no big deal
>they all suggest water, cranberry juice and azo
>try water and cranberry juice doesn't do shit
I'm still in pain
>azo doesn't even work for abdomen pain
My doctor charges a hundred dollars per visit plus the prescription
>last time I took the antibiotics he gave me i had an allergic reaction that ended up causing me problems for months
I don't know what to do /adv/ this has been a shit birthday i'm in pain crying my eyes out please help.
>>
>>17214411
Are you really that broke? Can't use a credit card? Ask for alternate payment options like monthly installments? This will only get worse and consequently more expensive
>>
Cranberry pills not juice can fix it if it is a bladder infection and you need to drink a lot of water too.
>>
>>17214429
yes im that broke don't have a credit card not everyone is well off
>>
>>17214440
ive been doing the water thing !
>>
Good, cranberry juice has sugar and not enough cranberries in it to work. you can buy the pills at most stores. If this doesnt work then you do need medical help because these infections can last months if left unchecked
>>
i've googled before for homeopathic shitcures for utis and it's out there. i've never tried any of it but if you're poor then i guess it couldn't hurt to give it a go.
also from now on have better pee pee habits. don't hold in your pee, wash yourself with water and maybe a mild soap, pee after sex etc

if you don't have money for a gyno prevention is the best insurance
>>
>>17214411
How hard have you tried water and cranberry juice? Literally stop eating for a couple of days and just chug as much water as you can, at least a gallon a day and as much cranberry based stuff as you can get. keep your dick as clean as possible, green tea is also good for making you piss more.
>>
>>17214411
Cranberry juice does nothing. It was originally thought to be preventative, but the evidence shows it makes no difference. There was no notion of it being a treatment.

Most simple UTIs are self-limiting and antibiotics only speed the process up by a day or two.

There is no need to drink gallons on water. Just drink what you normally would. Drinking lots will just make you pee more and cause more pain.

If you feel well in yourself and you don't have systemic symptoms, you can just nut up.
>>
>falling for the college scam

Poor guy.

Preach your sorrow to others so they don't make the same mistake
>>
No one suggested this already? Call 911if it's that bad please
>>
There are free clinics around ya know. Google for one in your area. They'll give you antibiotics which are dirt cheap anyways.
>>
>>17214411
You need meds. If you don't address it, you could develop kidney problems. That will definitely be me expensive than a UTI. It's not going to go away by doing nothing.

Next time you have signs of one, treat it *immediately.*

Interesting, I just got a message I was banned…as of last year…for a month…for roll/dubs. That sure as hell wasn't me.
>>
funfact

a UTI, which is sepsis, will kill you if left untreated

gj
>>
ER can't turn you away for lack of payment. Go. Work out a payment plan later
>>
>>17214411
If you can't afford the doctor or even a health clinic, go to the emergency room. If you're in America, you can't be turned away. And a persistent UTI is a serious problem.
>>
AMERICA
LAND
OF
THE
FREE (to suffer because they dont have money to get medical help)
>>
>>17214411

have you tried asking family?
>>
Go to the pet store and get some tetracycline for fish or whatever. It's an antibiotic and works basically the same in animals and humans - i sure hope you know how to math the dosage though.

Also, you need to get un-broke. Get a part-time job somewhere
>>
Almost every college have some sort of free health clinic for their students. Go there. They will help you.
>>
Go to the doctor OP. UTIs could cause sepsis which could kill you. Sell your stuff, borrow money, beg on the street, anything to raise the money. It's easy to treat with the right medicine.
>>
>>17214411
You can die from a uti if it goes up to your kidneys. Go get ciprofloxacin or amoxicillin from a friend. Or if you can't go to the doctor, because if you keep waiting you'll have to go to the ER, which costs even more.

Stop having sex is the best option.
Use a vibrator instead. No dick in vagoo and you won't ever have to feel this misarable again.
>>
>>17214865
>>17214865
Do this. Dont drink any water. The point is to make the kidneys and urinal tract as acidic of an environment as possible. Drink pure unsweetened cranberry only juice, something you can only buy from a specialty or health food store. Dont eat while youre doing this just fast. You may need two or more bottles but I promise after two or so days it'll be gone.
>>
Try to find a free clinic in your area.
Ask your parents for a visit to the doctor as a birthday present.
>>
>>17214411
Cranberry juice does not help uti. It's a myth that was debunked few years ago. All you can do is drink water a lot. It took me two weeks naturally to get rid of mine
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.