[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I being too picky when I only date girls I eventually want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Am I being too picky when I only date girls I eventually want to marry?

I'm 20 and I used to date around a lot when I didn't think about marriage, and now it's been a year since I dated last because I haven't met any girls that fit my standards.
>>
How do you know if you do or do not want to marry them without getting to know them?
>>
No, you're not being too picky. You're being a man, welcome to adulthood my friend.
>>
>>17214303
I do get to know them but like I said, it's been a while since I met a girl that was up to my standards.

The reason I don't date girls I don't want to marry is because I see marriage as the end goal of dating. Dunno if other people see it that way.
>>
No. Most women are trash and behave like unruly selfish children. Not the kind you would trust with your kids and livelihood.
>>
On one hand, it's smart and sensible to only date people you see as potential life mates, and on the other hand, he still pretty young, and so it depends on what you consider your "deal breakers" whether you're being sensible, or petty.

Literally no one ever is going to check off every single little thing you want in a mate ever. Human's are imperfect beings, your relationships are imperfect things. The strongest ones allow for growth, flexibility, new understanding, and tolerance of others flaws.
>>
Keep saying around as "practice" for when you finally meet the woman of your dreams. You wouldn't want to be an unexperienced fool when it gets to that point. You're still young, you have plenty of time. The fact that you've even had sex puts you a billion levels above th majority of this site
>>
>>17214319
So you date them until you dump them? That's still dating.
>>
>>17214318
You are almost right, but not quite. For you, dating should be a way of determining if a person is worth marrying. If you've decided whether or not you want to marry a girl before you've dated her, you are doing something incorrectly.
>>
>>17214318

>it's been a while since I met a girl that was up to my standards.

This sentence reeks of ignorance and /r9k/ faggotry.

I can't say for sure though without knowing exactly what your "standards" are and exactly what it is about you, a 20 year old man on 4chan, that makes you so special that most women don't deserve the opportunity to get to know you.

I'm inclined to believe that if you're a 20 year old dude coming to 4chan to complain about how you never meet any girls good enough for you you're probably a deluded cunt but, like I said, its a blurry line.

There's a lot of great women out there. You aren't as much of a bitter dick weed as this guy >>17214319 but you don't exactly seem in the habit of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

I can't say for sure until you tell us exactly what the fuck you're talking about. So. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
what are you looking for in a girl to marry?
>>
>>17214771
>>17215047
Well, my red flags are standard stuff like tattoos or a bunch of piercings, the "party" type of girl that gets wasted every weekend, things like that. I don't really care if they're a virgin or not but having a lot of previous sexual partners puts up a red flag. I can give out some more specifics but those are the big ones.

If they pass that, I try to get to know them before making a decision on whether to date them or not. I want to marry a woman that shares my values, someone that I can see being happy with our kids, and has a personality that I can enjoy and get along with. And of course, there's the importance of physical attraction as well.
>>
>>17214298
Sounds like you're like me. There's nothing wrong with that except blue balls.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.