[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any medfags around? I took some blunt force to the chest at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Any medfags around? I took some blunt force to the chest at work on Monday and this is the aftermath. Its not even painful, its numb and itchy at this point. Do I seek medical attention or should I be ok?
>>
>>17214128
Did you report this to your supervisor? Yes, seek medical attention.
>>
>>17214130
Yeah, we filed an incedent report. All those bases have been covered.
>>
you're bleeding internally idiot go to the hospital
>>
You should always seek medical attention. Internal bleeding could be there and goinf unnoticed
>>
>>17214128
Holy fuck. Epic bruise. Seek help.
>>
>>17214128
That looks pretty gnarly OP. If I were a doctor I'd probably want to at least do an x-ray or something. I think they can tell if you have internal bleeding just by feeling.
>>
What is your job, OP?

I hope it's something like ice-cream scooper at Rite-Aid, or clerk typist at a day care center.
>>
>>17214301
Machine operator at a factory.
>>
>>17214139
Agree
>>
>>17214128
It might've done internal damage. You should see a doctor, now.
>>
>>17214128
Purple means it's bleeding on the inside. Not necessarily serious, but definitely pay attention to it. Any serious soreness around that area or strange symptoms like stomach pain, nausea, headache, might mean internal damage.
>>
>>17214128
Damn man, workplace safety ain't so great eh?

Yeah, i'd very strongly suggest seeing your doc, they'll check you out and do some basic imaging (eg CT, maybe ultrasound).

What you have to be worried about is excessive bleeding (abdominal cavities can hold shit-tons of blood, which takes forever to resorb and provides a perfect opportunity for infection) and especially possible intestinal injury, including perforation (which is a guaranteed infectious peritonitis, surgery, and hospital stay).

You'd almost certainly have noticed a serious stomach injury, so stomach's probably fine. If it was on the other side it'd probably have bruised your liver.

Is it (the purple area) still growing?
>>
That's eternal bleeding. Conslut medicineman immediatel.
>>
>>17214446
Its getting lighter in color all over, but seems to be slightly bigger than it was this morning. Its swolen right beneath the point of impact but its going down gradually. Its mostly itchy now, not really painful per se.
>>
>>17214489
It'll probably be fine. Just noticed you said monday, peritonitis would have started by now if there was major (perforating) intestinal or gastric damage, and you would have noticed since you've probably eaten and shat since then.
But you should have gone to the doctor earlier (ASAP after the incident), since if it HAD ruptured anything then you'd have been pretty far up shit creek by now (eg looking at 4 weeks in a hospital bed).

Still worrying to have all that blood sitting there though, and there might be minor damage to various things (eg intestine, stomach, kidney's probably fine though). Should check in with your doctor to make sure you're in the clear. I hope that job comes with insurance, after all!
>>
>>17214372
>Took blunt force from a machine at a factory
>Durrr does dis look bad

Christ man
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.