[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is social media stalking a bad idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: the_end.jpg (18 KB, 317x623) Image search: [Google]
the_end.jpg
18 KB, 317x623
I often look up women on social media and gather as much info as I can before talking to them.

I do it primarily to find out if they have a boyfriend because I really see no purpose in talking with them if they have a boyfriend or some crap. I don't really like doing this though but it seems so neccesary in this fucking world.

I need to know EVERYTHING about someone. Especially women. its like a compulsion. I don't do anything with the info, I just NEED the information. It helps me form conversation.

I actually get kind of upset when I find a woman who is off the radar. No social media. Makes me angry because I can't find out a age. I need to know the age the most because it influences everything. Like, I don't want to date a 18 year old girl and I don't want to date a woman who is like 30. I am 25.

Is info gathering like this not really fair? It makes me think.. I basically have no skill in talking to women I know nothing about. I am always looking for clues about them without actually asking them.

help.
>>
it's not 'unfair' just creepy as fuck and autistic to the max
>>
>>17213892
It's not creepy, it's cute.
>>
>>17213917

How is it autistic? We live in a world where women are nearly unapproachable in settings that AREN'T bars or clubs. Its fucking shit. So I have to use the one advantage I do have which is information.
>>
>>17213892
As long as you aren't doing stupid shit like bringing all that shit up from social media when talking to her in real life you should be fine. Just don't be stupid about it.
>>
>>17213892

>I basically have no skill in talking to women I know nothing about

You're avoiding doing something scary by being sneaky and weird.

Sometimes the girl you ask out is going to have a boyfriend. Sometimes the girl you ask out just won't be into you. Its fine.

You need to get over this fear because the internet is not the answer to your female anxiety. It only makes it worse by allowing you a way to avoid learning how to talk to a human female and size her up face to face.
>>
>I really see no purpose in talking with them if they have a boyfriend or some crap

This is a problem. Fix it.
>>
>>17213943
the fact that you dont get how autistic it is, is even more autistic.
>>
>I need to know EVERYTHING about someone.
This reeks of creepiness. If someone thought the same way about you - that they needed to find EVERYTHING about you, before they even TALKED to you, you wouldn't find that odd?

Look, I'll admit I've stalked some people on FB before, I'll tell you its just wrong to stalk anyone on facebook.

My advice, forget about whether people are trustworthy or not untrustworthy, don't make a big deal about conversations. Just talk about shit if you feel like it, and don't if you don't.

Respect peoples privacy as well.
>>
>>17213892
>Makes me angry because I can't find out a age. I need to know the age the most because it influences everything. Like, I don't want to date a 18 year old girl and I don't want to date a woman who is like 30. I am 25.
kek youre an autist
>>
>>17214152
I understand but I just don't fair well not using the only skill I have. Which is info gathering and application.
>>
>>17213943
This is how I know this post is fucking bait. You ask a question, then argue with the answer. Fuck off.
>>
>>17213892
just make sure not to bring it up it conversation. guys have done that to me and it does really put me off. everyone does fb stalking, its just not socially acceptable to talk about it to the person you stalked
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.