[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Felt hurt for the first time, it's a stupid matter really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 200_s.gif (26 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
26 KB, 267x200
Felt hurt for the first time, it's a stupid matter really but I haven't felt this hurt before. You might laugh I mean I don't write that good in English so the simple remark will escalate to 3rd WW in no time, but let's say it was way more realistic irl.

> be me, 20 yo, sociopathic
> With friends on fb
> Points out that one of our friends, which is more like a acquaintance is vulgar
> He totally proves my point he is saying jerky stuff for the 1 hour i'm still listening to him (kinda harassing the girls, taking about putting his dick in her and all, not really suited to the group chat)
> After some time I just mention that I wasn't wrong
> HELL FOLLOWS THAT WORD
> My best friend, a older girl, rages because of my assumption
> I stay on my position, everyone shuts up and the only people talking are : me, my friend and that dude
> I argument on why I'm right, while seeing they take the matter emotionally "You can't just assume things like that you don't know him"
> He gets mad and boots me from the chat
> My friend is on me, she don't want to hear shit while I'm asking another buddy to copypasta the conversation just so I can literally quote every vulgarity
> I try to reason her "You're only taking his side because you're thinking that it's not "good" to judge him based on a picture and a few sentences, I am free from your morality, it's not a judgement i'm giving him, I just point out what's a fact"
> She gets really mad, stick by his side and mocks the argumentation while being completely wrong
> She keeps on saying stuff, not really mean but the way she defends him while denigrating me makes me feel bad
> I am suffering real stress over a stupid argument

She kinda broke my heart today, I don't even know how. They should be still talking, maybe about me (I don't give a shit about that)
I guess I should be avoiding that girl, she's too emotional while I'm being to nihilist about it, I don't think in a good or bad paradigm, I just happen to say what I see.
>>
>>17213840
your english is fine fuckwad stop saying that it isn't good just to fish for compliments.
>>
>>17213845
Last time i made a thread, people were shitposting because of my poor english. Anyway, thanks, that doesn't change nothing to my position but still.
>>
>>17213840
My english is pretty damned good and im only understand that some guy was beig a Douche bag, you called him out on it, and the girls sided with him. Am i missing anything?
>>
>>17213853

Yup, but I'll add a little more detail, the reason they cringed :

> My assumption was only based on his profile picture ( a drawing of a man fucking a dog)
> They called me out on it, like "you can't judge people like that"
> I explain how it's a logic inference, if he purposely choose this picture, that reveals his personality
> I bring muh social psychology skills and rationalism
> They just keep on talking after that, and after he released all his sexual tension, I mention that I wasn't wrong
> They get mad and that's when I get the boot

Basically the reason is that my friend didn't like my fast deduction (she's the emotional kind and as I mentioned I'm the sociopathic type, I don't give a shit about not assuming too fast that someone's an asshole), and I just pointed it out that I didn't more informations than that to be right.
>>
>>17213840
If you know someone is not a rational being, there is literally no reason to expect them to be rational in a rational debate. The issue here is you expecting them to be rational when you know they arent, that kind of "belief" or something usually makes us feel bad, since its not being "fulfilled".
>>
>>17213869
>Being aware your friend is too "emotional"
>Debate them
>Expects her to be rational out of nowhere and not emotional
>She acts emotionally
>You get frustrated because your expectations arent met

Thats your problem OP, stop expecting her to be rational when YOU KNOW she is not. Its only making you feel shit.

Source: im a fucking psychologist
>>
>>17213869

That's counter-intuitive, I mean.

As I mentioned she's older than me, already finished college she's got a master in history and geography, I wasn't expecting this, I know that she's more based on her emotions, on the instincts of things rather than just being pragmatic but that was unexpected, I mean I pointed out every real fact about it. I didn't need to exaggerate, but yet she didn't listen at all.

>>17213874
Well so am I buddy, studying psychology. As I said, totally counter-intuitive I wasn't talking to some old religious granny.
And I give you the same answer as to the anon above you.
>>
Should I understand than not all literate people are in a superior, non biased way of thinking ?
>>
>>17213878
I dont see how that is counter-intuitive, if you are actually studying psychology, then i can refer to an actual theory that backs up what im saying.

As Albert Ellis explained, emotional problems are caused because of "irrational ideas", by that he meant an irrational expectation of something, kinda like when you expect something irrational to happen, like "EVERYBODY MUST LOVE ME" or "EVERYBODY MUST BE NICE WITH ME ALL THE TIME", when that "idea" isn't fulfilled you will feel like shit. Ellis had a little model to explain it better that consisted of A (activating events, events that trigger the emotional harshness), B (Belief or idea we hold), C (Consequence of the belief).

>Activating event: Friend is defending vulgar dude out of her emotions
>Belief or idea: SHE MUST NOT ACT EMOTIONALLY (Like you already said she IS acting emotionally, hence, expecting her to act rationally is irrational because apparently she isn't willing or simply not doing it in that situation, as reality just showed you)
>Consequence: You feel shit because she's acting that way and you expect her not to.

You see, expecting her to be a rational being, is irrational because you're seeing her acting emotionally wether or not she studied a shit ton of things, she IS being emotional, hence, the studies she did become irrelevant because IRL she is not being rational. You could try to help her see things rationally, but, if its not working, stop expecting her to be that way since, apparently, she isn't rational.
>>
>>17213901
Exactly, i know a shit ton of people who are studying psychology but their still stupid as fuck.
As an old mexican say says "el doctorado no quita lo tarado", which means "the PhD, wont stop you from being an idiot".
>>
>>17213902

Okay, I get it. As I said i'm totally sociopathic, I understand where this could be considered not sane/good/polite for someone, but I don't act like it because I don't see the reason for it. (causing the whole situation i'm in)

I couldn't stop that, I feel good when right, when belittling others for my sake (not in a unfair way, I always base my facts) so the only solution I'm left with is to avoid this person while really loving her, or count her in the biaised people and keep on being a pretentious fuck. Hopefully someone cleverer than me while put me in my place, and if it doesn't happen, well fuck.

I believe it was more than deception today, it was the feeling of being betrayed for someone she didn't know and how was totally what I pointed out. She's wasn't really defending him, rather her belief that "we shouldn't judge people too easily"

The other solution would be to change her completely but I don't think I can do that, hell i'm still right so whatever.

Btw since you're a psychologist, how do you feel about me, a student in psychology with perversions ? I guess everyone has some but doesn't that scare that the person supposed to give the norm is worse than others.
>>
>>17213919
Thats pretty common OP, a lot of psych. students tend to opt for psychology because they see it as "self-therapy" or something, which it could be but, you need to be a bad ass. My recommendation is that, through the years you'll be seeing a lot of techniques and therapies, try to understand them and apply them to yourself if you see it necessary, because it'll be like +exp and it'll help you.

Check out Albert Ellis Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy.
>>
you're not a sociopath, just an edgelord
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.