[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a fuck up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464103428606.jpg (18 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1464103428606.jpg
18 KB, 320x310
I don't really know if this is the right place but I don't know where else to go...

How does one recover from there childhood?

It sounds stupid but I was bullied really heavily by my parents, carers, and class mates.
I struggle to actually connect to people and I have never had a girlfriend because I'm somewhat distrustful and fearful of them.

I'm incredibly lonely because I don't know how to make friends, everyone I used to hang around with secretly hated me. They'd spread rumors about me and insult me behind my back.

I just...

How do I be happy?
>>
I´m really sorry for you man.
You have to fresh start with new people, express well your own carachter, even online friends work to start. 4Chan is a place where you will do the opposite of socializing, I hope someone gives you some better advice tan I, but that´s mine. Good luck
>>
I>t sounds stupid but I was bullied really heavily by my parents, carers, and class mates.

More common than you think.

>I struggle to actually connect to people and I have never had a girlfriend because I'm somewhat distrustful and fearful of them.

Suprised?

>I'm incredibly lonely because I don't know how to make friends, everyone I used to hang around with secretly hated me. They'd spread rumors about me and insult me behind my back.

You were surrounded by shitbags. Spreading rumors and insults behind someone's back is something kids and girls do, not adults.
>>
I'm sorry OP. Bullying can take its toll. But really the best thing you can do is harden the fuck up, and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Letting it bother you will make you miserable. Accept that you are a slightly dysfunctional individual and find a fulfilling hobby, form a meaningful relationship, or find a purpose or answer a calling.
>>
You just have to remember that you are an adult now, you're stronger and wiser and in control of your own life and you'll never be in that situation again. You will find real friends too, it's just when your life is rough it attracts bastards who know you are vulnerable so they can fuck with you, I have been there. Never let your past drag down your future, even if it is really difficult.
>>
>>17213020
In what way do those past events affect your life? Identify them, and then act contrary to them next time you catch yourself acting in that way.

I'm not saying it is easy, but it is the way to a life free from the control of events years past. You can never change what happened, but you don't have to let what happened rule you anymore.
>>
>>17213020
As you get older you learn to weather out these things

sometimes with groups of people they just gossip, you can't stop it, so ignore it , walk your own path

you could try a mental health charity, I went to one for a bit and did do me good in the end even though it felt weird

keep trying at life, it's what we all do every day

How do you be happy? well, what do you like doing? things that are good for you... try to do more of them
>>
>>17213020
How old are you and where are you in your life? If you are soon or recently out of school and about to start (or recently started) university or work, you are in fact at one of the best places in your entire life.

There are a few moments in life when we get the chance to discard the past and reinvent ourselves. Let's say you are in college or your first job. NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE - or, rather, nobody knows you the small world you inhabited in school decided you were.

Nobody knows you are the designated loser, the bully-fodder passed on from bully to bully, the class weirdo. You can present yourself as anyone you want - or at least as someone without a reputation preceding him.

Reach out and make friends. They won't automatically turn you down, because they don't know you as the kid no one wants to be friends with.

Redefine your self as just another ordinary guy, and people will believe you.
>>
>>17213499
I love this because soon you will beleive it too and it just happens. Nicely worded anon, beautiful.
>>
Have you tried drinking?
>>
>>17213499
>entire life.
Oh dear god, but it's shit at this moment.
>Reinvent
But...why bother masquerading as someone else? That's a lot of daily work just to appease...someone.
>Turn down
But they'll soon learn about who I am as a person.
>>17213538
Yes, didn't really work just got more depressed.
>>17213095
>situation again
The rational side of me as said this so many times.
It is the emotional side that cannot let go and it is this side that has the most influence in situations I'm unable to control.
> difficult.
I'll try, thanks though.
>>17213052
>online friends work
I don't know where to meet them.
I can't go into games anymore because I don't enjoy them.
I used to go in chat rooms but they're deserts .
>>17213192
>health charity,
I'll keep this in mind, I was considering this as my mental state was effecting my studies.
Hopefully there is one that is both cheap and effective...ha.
>>
Be like the mighty ant.
Work in a team and be productive.
Teams need to be happy to work well and they support themselves they have goals when completed have a sense of accomplishment
>>
What area do you live in? if you're in north tx i would hang out with you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.