[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Live-in nanny in a single dad household
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: W.H._Shumard_family,_circa_1955.jpg (719 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
W.H._Shumard_family,_circa_1955.jpg
719 KB, 1200x1200
I'm about to start a new job in a single parent household. And frankly, I am a bit nervous.

I know that I am a relatively attractive young female. The father of the family who hired me is an educated, smart man, but I'm still slightly concerned. I've worked as a nanny before in a family where the father was shamelessly flirting with me to the point where it was border-line sexual harassment. I'm not traumatized or anything, but I guess having that experience has made me extra cautious.

So how do I keep my boundaries and avoid giving out any false signals? I think that the balance is a bit difficult, since we are both a straight man and a woman living under a same roof, me being a family member yet also an employee. I wanna do my work well and I like the family a lot and the father hasn't given me any reason to be suspicious really, but I'm still worried that things will be more or less awkward between us once I move in.
>>
Suck his dick and you will have him around your fingers.
>>
Dress like shit and dont wear makeup
>>
>>17212429

Project a professional attitude. You're likely doing it anyway, but that's my first choice. You've got it clear in yojr head that you don't want anything more than the relationship you agreed to. You provide a service and he pays for that service, and that is all that should exist. Doesn't mean you can't be friendly (as you are living in the same house, so it'd be weird not to). I also reccomend you trying your clothes on in front if a mirror. See what you feel and look most attractive in, and try not to wear those clothes often if you think it could draw unwanted attention.
>>
>>17212429
Walk with your head down, no eye contact, wear very baggy cloths. If you hear him coming, you hide somewhere until he leaves.
>>
>>17212441
>>17212482
Naturally I am not going to be rude towards him.

>>17212475
I'm afraid that we've already kinda crossed this line, even though I don't even live there yet. We get along great, we have great conversations and it feels like I was talking with a friend of mine instead of an employer. I have worked with men before though, and it has been more formal and stiff.

It's not his fault, and I don't consider him as some pervert at all. Or let's say I'd be very surprised. However I am worried that there will be awkward situations and moments. You know which there often are in male-female interaction.
>>
Talk to him about it on your first day on the job.

" I really appreciate you hiring me and I am looking forward to working for you. However, I just wanted to say I've had bad experiences in the past, and I would really appreciate if we can keep a friendly, professional relationship."
>>
>>17212494
You're going to develop feeling for him. You're raising his kids, living with him, he's paying you. You're basically a wife without the commitment.
>>
>>17212495
This kinda of an approach feels a bit like an attack to me. He seems nice, kind and decent, so I'd hate to show him that I don't trust him. Or I do trust him, I'm just scared that he'll take my friendliness in a wrong way or that things would evolve to the wrong direction since we already are friends and the relationship isn't fully professional. Which is good, given that as a live-in nanny I am a sort of a family member.

>>17212502
I think he is an intelligent, funny guy and seemingly a good father, but I could never date anyone who was 15 years older than me. Not to forget to mention that I don't like the set up, me being his employee and also a partner of some sort. That would never work and it would be just downright wrong and make the dynamics strange.
>>
>>17212502
This
You're prostituting your wife skills.
>>
>>17212515
>I could never date anyone who was 15 years older than me

Now you say this. He'll look ageless the more you know him. It's human nature.
>>
>>17212515

Well outside of professionalism, I'm seeing no red flags so far. I would not mention that problem but I would just keep an eye on the interactions you have with him. This is a situation where you have to just wait and see how things go.
>>
>>17212550
>>17212559
I literally got 0 romantic interest for him. It's fully out of the cards.
>>
Up
>>
Bumb
>>
bumbing once more
>>
Why don't yoi just marry him already?
>>
Well see how it goes and be ready to leave
>>
Tell him upfront - No fucking , purely professional. In fact, print that on a t- shirt.
>>
>>17212515
>This kinda of an approach feels a bit like an attack to me.
I don't think it's an attack if you explain yourself properly. Explain that you don't bear any ill will. Try changing the focus of the conversation away from threatening them for being too friendly to apologizing for being too cold.
>"I had a negative experience with a customer in the past who trespassed personal boundaries. I would like to apologize in advance if it causes me to appear cold or distant. I wish to maintain the correct balance between friendly and professional. I do not wish to bear you any disrespect. On the contrary I respect you very much and I look forward to my work."
>>
If you notice him checking you out start scratching your crotch like it's all itchy. He'll be sufficiently turned off.
>>
>>17212736
>>17212736
>I literally got 0 romantic interest for him
Right now. Feelings develop and change, constantly. The worst case scenario is you get alot TOO well. Feelings are forged in the heat of passion, and passion is kindled in calm, comfortable enviroments. Its why close friends of the opposite sex hook up so often.
You will get too comfortable, and so will he. And there will be slipups. Then it will either snowball into a relationship, or get very awkward. Make sure you arent the only female attention he gets. Someone has to take that role. Help him out a bit if you can. It will also help if you hook him up with someone because you can explain the living situation first so there isnt any confusion.
>>
>>17214921
Well I don't know, after all we have quite an age difference.
>>
Mention a fake boyfriend, or that you're dating a guy if the conversation ever steers towards flirting. Worked for a few friends of mine when someone at work annoyed them. I guess in your situation as a live-in, you can lie about your plans to go out with friends and treat it as a fake date.
This is just a suggestion, I know lying to your employer isn't the best choice.
Besides this I can only say that you should tell him you don't date employers if he ever flirts with you.
>>
up
>>
up
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.