[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to not enjoy several art forms / mediums as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Mi_Fu-On_Calligraphy.jpg (257 KB, 1001x653) Image search: [Google]
Mi_Fu-On_Calligraphy.jpg
257 KB, 1001x653
Is it possible to not enjoy several art forms / mediums as a whole? I've watched many movies and TV shows, and played many video games, but none of them have done anything for me since I was a child.

Is this common?
>>
Common in depressed people.
>>
>>17212215
Maybe you need something more intellectually stimulating as opposed to creative.
>>
they're not supposed to do anything to you, its just entertainment
>>
>>17212226
I've tried one arthouse film that /tv/ recommended, Last Year at Marienbad, but I got incredibly bored about halfway through and it was a pain to finish. I watched Synecdoche NY last night and felt the same thing, so I'm worried I might just be bored by it all.

>>17212223
Maybe, though the last time I really enjoyed either of those was when I was around 10 years old.

>>17212235
Why can't I be entertained by any of them then?
>>
>>17212238
>I've tried one arthouse film that /tv/ recommended, Last Year at Marienbad, but I got incredibly bored about halfway through and it was a pain to finish. I watched Synecdoche NY last night and felt the same thing, so I'm worried I might just be bored by it all.

a lot of arthouse films require a lot of context to be enjoyed. last year at marienbad is not something you really enjoy, more like something unsettling you recognize. most people just don't have the right palate or like movies enough to get into things like marienbad.

>Maybe, though the last time I really enjoyed either of those was when I was around 10 years old.

so? there's a real chance you could have been depressed since you were ten.

>Is it possible to not enjoy several art forms / mediums as a whole? I've watched many movies and TV shows, and played many video games, but none of them have done anything for me since I was a child.

possible but not common
>>
>>17213039
Can you suggest something easier that I might enjoy (filmwise)?
>>
>>17212215
Since most of them are crap, you are showing rare good taste. Keep looking around until you find an art form you do enjoy.
>>
>>17213518
>most of them
What do you like?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.