[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 640x1136
I'm losing motivation for entering the job market. The whole process of selling yourself, networking, building your resume, interviewing, and then getting rejected for a job anyone could do... The whole thing is starting to annoy me.

What should I do for money is this case?
>>
>>17212093

>what should i do for money in this case?

get over it.
>>
>>17212101
I'm not over it. Hence the post
>>
>>17212106

yes, which is why i said
>get over it

as opposed to
>got over it
>>
>>17212118
I'm not going to though
>>
>>17212093
time to get some motivation or you'll be entering the homeless market.

We all have to work. Unless you're mentally ill and get autismbux from the government to cover cost of rent in section 8 housing and s few snack cakes to live off of.

Networking is just making friends. Professional friends who help you find a job.

Resume building is a 1 time investment. Spend an afternoon on it and you're done. Only minor revisions need to be done going forward.

Rejection is life. All aspects of society contain rejection. Toughen up or just bow out of life right now.

You sound horribly lazy. Get it together.
>>
>>17212093
Do something that annoys you. It is irrational to think you can be totally pleased with everything at all times.
>>
>>17212123

then starve.
>>
>>17212126

thats not what i asked for, i asked how to make money without doing all that.
>>
>>17212135
You dont, you cant.
>>
>>17212106
Well how else are you gonna get money?
>>
>>17212135
Don't care if that's what you asked for. That's reality, whether it's a shitty garbage man job or a career office job. Stop being a lazy asshole.
>>
>>17212126
I go to a great school, have a great resume and an avg GPA. The problem is there's one job for 300 applicants. And I'm not better than those 300 people and dont have the skills to network
>>
>>17212135
This wasnt me
>>
>>17212175

OP here,
who are you?
>>
>>17212170
What skills? The only ability you need is to talk to people. That's seriously all networking is. Reaching out to a professional in your industry and asking if you could meet with them over coffee to learn about their work. Then you talk. You know, what you've been doing since you were a toddler.
>>
>>17212177
Nice trolling bro what happened to IDs wtf
>>
>>17212180
Ive done that. It doesnt help much. Im not a very likeable person. And that doesnt solve the competitive problem too. I just need a very noncompetitive job
>>
>>17212195

if you mean beforehad, they dont exist. there is no place that is not compettitive in the application process. why wouldnt it be? are you asking us for a secret website that people post job ads on that only one person per city peruses?

this about what you are actually asking for here.
>>
>>17212201
Exactly why im posting here... Shit is tough
>>
>>17212261

there is no advice other than to improve you game and keep fighting through it. there is no alternative cheat code to get out of it.
>>
>>17212282
I need a cheat code bro. Thoughts on moving to another country?
>>
>>17212135

Jesus christ you are a little faggot.
>>
Op I'm with you. The whole process is for niggercattle just going through a system. It's mindless and pathetic. The government needs to step it's game up, not any individual. It's actually really fucking luls that people compete for a job which you devote hours of torture onto yourself to do. Life is a literal meme.
>>
I just want everything given to me without having to earn it. Is that really too much to ask?
>>
>>17212590
Apprently yes (op)
>>
>>17212576
I know bro. Thanks for feeling my pain (op)
>>
File: 1462613400627.png (24 KB, 370x321) Image search: [Google]
1462613400627.png
24 KB, 370x321
>>17212093
do you live in a big city? get on the wait list for city jobs. garbage man, police, etc. As long as you're not obese or retarded you'll get the job when your number is up. Just gotta wait a year or 2. Smile and wave for a few months of tests and checks and you're set for life.

Otherwise you can create something and devote yourself to advertising it. You can't avoid the grind of the job market otherwise. And you don't want to spend the rest of your life working at the bottom of the ladder. I'm learning all of this the hard way as well.
>>
Consider teaching English as a Second Language in China. Your work schedule is not bad, usually less than 20 hours per week. Lots of people want to bang the westerner, so your sex life can be decent. You get paid a lot in local currency so you live well. Your dollar income is low by American standards, so you need not pay anything on student loans (start the 20 year clock for the government writeoff). Nobody knows you and you do not speak the local language, so minimal required personal interactions. Only requirements are a 4 year degree from America, native English speaking, pass a physical, take a short online ESL Teaching course. Try TigerESL to get started on finding the job.
>>
>>17212875
Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I've always wanted to live in a foreign country. If it's as easy as you say it is, you might have just solved my problem :)
>>
>>17212909
Learning chinese could be a challenge though
>>
>>17212093
You could also try starting your own business. Although that might be even more difficult than finding a job.
>>
>>17212989
Yea I have good business ideas but starting one is one of the hardest things to do
>>
>>17212576
My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's me, but 'get over it' doesn't exactly help.
>>
>>17212576
Totally agree. I feel I shouldn't have to take a job that's beneath me just to get by. It's like modern day feudalism.
>>
>>17212093
I know that feel OP. I graduated college with a STEM degree almost a year ago and still can't find a good job. I'm about to start one that only requires a HS diploma even though I already have years of experience. I tell myself it's just a matter of time before something good comes along. Still waiting.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.