[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 255x255
Why should I keep going?
>>
File: 84338469.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
84338469.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
>>17211550
You might as well beat life campaign mode.
>>
>>17211557

But what does that mean?
>>
>>17211561
It means do your best while you still have a shot.
>>
>>17211565

Do my best at what tho. That's what I don't understand. What is it I'm suppose to do?

I'm 26, have a fulltime job. Now what? I just feel like a waste of space. What's the fucking point of just being alive?
>>
>>17211550
i recommend running your car in the garage with the doors closed and you in it
>>
>>17211576

I'd just put my Glock 19 to my head and pull the trigger. But I wouldn't do it at home. I'd wander off into the woods or something so nobody has to deal with cleanup
>>
>>17211581
do it then post it on liveleak
>>
>>17211595

Fuck off idiot. If I'm dead how the hell do I "post on liveleak"
>>
File: eatsports.jpg (151 KB, 639x755) Image search: [Google]
eatsports.jpg
151 KB, 639x755
>>17211600
do it no balls
>>
theres no point so you're free to do whatever
millionaire asshole to compassionate bum, theres a wide spectrum of choices
>>
>>17211620

it just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>17211620
>choices

Yeah I chose to live outside a gym. go fuck yourself
>>
>>17211624
there is no sense to make
>>17211627
yeah you did, cry harder faggot
>>
>>17211631

>there is no sense to make

I just don't understand what I'm suppose to do. I have no clue what I'm suppose to do. I just feel worthless.
>>
>>17211573
Go climb a mountain. Conquer nature.
>>
>>17211869

What does that do for me tho? Nothing
>>
>>17211889
I bet you are fun at parties. If you even get invited to them
>>
>>17211897

I don't like parties. Not that it matters anyways, I'm 26.
>>
>>17211889
Climbing mountains are great, running them and beating times are even better
>>
>>17211946

I used to be in the military, I'm done walking up mountians.. I'm not interested in that Tbh
>>
>>17211986
Huh.. well how about a musical instrument? there's all kinds, not just guitar. But you can only go so far with it depending on how much youre into music
>>
>>17212014

I'm actually not very big on music. I only listen to music when in driving somewhere
>>
>>17212029
if you just listen to radio music then ya, musicians dont get their inspiration from that nowadays.
Maybe just try something daring, go somewhere youve never been before or try some unique shit out. Random things happen and you will never know what you want unless you try things out
>>
>>17212054

I try to travel once a year. That's really the only thing I like. I usually just watch the news and Travel Channel all day when I'm not traveling or at work.

It just doesn't seem like enough. Like, I have no purpose to be living. So should I just end it? I have nothing to live for
>>
>>17212083
You only get one life though, unless its just pure pain I would see through until I die. Then comes eternity. But even just around your area I would look around just out of curiosity, do you live in a city or somethn?
>>
>>17212122

>you get one life

That's true, but I never asked for it

>do you live near a city?

I live in suburbs in a heavy corporate/commercial area. Only thing here is shopping. It's a rich area.
>>
>>17211550
None. None goddamnit, none.

I'm stuck in a horribly autistic inept body and brain which can't even muster the courage and effort to kill itself.

Do it before it's too late. This generation has only bred droning autists.
>>
Why is suicide such a sin? Why does God want us to suffer this much? Why is he such a dickhead?

Life sucking so much is proof of God's existence. If it was just chance I'd be dead by now.
>>
>>17212962

The only reason I haven't shot myself is because I believe that if you commit suicide you become a ghost. And that scares me..

I so badly just want to pull the trigger
>>
>>17212994
That sounds cool af
>>
>>17213142

Fuck no it's not. Ghosts are miserable dude. Why do you think they bother people? Because they want to be let go.

I'm not kidding either
>>
>>17212994
An odd belief but still, it has to be better than this existence. It has to be.
>>
>>17211550
The only reason I haven't done it is that there are people who would be more than happy if I would off myself. I don't see any reason why I should make it easy for them.
Besides, there are moments when life actually feels good, or at least tolerable. Even if there are few of those, they exist.
>>
>>17213273

It's not because you're trapped on earth, just as a ghost. You can't eat or sleep and shit. You're fucked.

Why is that odd?
>>
>>17213372
It just seems odd to me compared to my beliefs but I guess all they all are odd.
>>
>>17213533

I just think there is too much research to show that ghosts/spirits are people who used to be alive and are not trapped on earth. Usually it's from a tragic death especially suicide.

That shit scares the fuck out of me.
>>
I don't see a reason and am currently seeing a psychiatrist and paychologist. It might be good to start there?

My psychologist is literally keeping me sane because she's one of (possibly) three people I speak to.
>>
>>17213631

Does she give you advice?
>>
Try and do a bunch of shit and see what you like and don't like
>>
>>17211550
Seek the Lord, and read his word.
>>
>>17211550
There is no point to life, you are life anon. The world doesn't stop when you die, it keeps going.
>>
>>17214188

I'm not into religion
>>
>>17214239

So you're saying I should just end?
>>
>>17213631
>>17213739

She would, but I keep derailing myself in each session so far. I have an idea in mind, but I go in some tangent or another. It also doesn't help that I entered depressed and have been "okay" as of late, and I've only started a month ago.

I found it weird, but she gives me homework to do. Simple tasks, but meant for me 'better' myself.

She's help for me at least, because I have little communication with anyone and might to insane without her.

I also see her for possible schizophrenic symptoms.
>>
>>17214509
No. I'm saying you are the point of life. To exist is the point of life.
>>
>>17214188
I'll slap him in the face when I see him.
>>
there is none
>>
Make it your mission to watch as much anime as possible.

>only reason I'm still alive
>>
Yes, there is no point to live, unless you give yourself a goal, which you clearly seem not inclined to do.
Also, by "there is no point", I mean there is no logically reasonable point. There might be a point, but it looks improbable, so the assumption is that there isn't. Keep in mind this is still an assumption. A reasonable assumption, but an assumption nonetheless.

So yes, suicide is the option here, if you feel certain there is no point and have evaluated carefully the pro/cons of living (such as fun vs pain).
>>
File: 1419823384569.jpg (250 KB, 530x397) Image search: [Google]
1419823384569.jpg
250 KB, 530x397
>>
>>17215945

I don't know what that means
>>
>>17211550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R06ODEJkcE
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.