[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25, soon to be 26. I didn't have a lot of success
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I'm 25, soon to be 26. I didn't have a lot of success with girls when I was a teenager. I could get girls to date me, and do everything short of sex. I realized since being with my current girlfriend of 4 years that my problem was simply that I was an asshole if a girl rejected my advances. I would get all butthurt and start being abusive. Other than that, I've never had a problem getting a girl to be interested in me.

I've changed my attitude in life and I'm more open and empathetic to people. I'm not as angry as I was when I was 18. Despite being in a relationship, my phone is constantly blowing up with girls trying to get with me. I love it, I'm addicted. sexting, cheating, chasing girls. I can't get enough. (I feel like the song slide into the DMs is so relatable.)

So here I am, 26, and I'm going to leave my girlfriend. I realized that marriage and children is not for me right now. I just have a few issues I'm trying to work out in my head.

>I don't want to be labelled a "bachelor." I feel like in high school someone who led this lifestyle would be called a player or a manwhore. But now I'm older I feel like the proper term is bachelor and I don't want to be called that.

>I feel guilty about leaving a long term relationship, but I'm not happy and I have cheated on her the entirety of our time together. She is 23 and wants children and marriage right now. I'm not going to be able to give her what she wants for many years. She isn't down to an open relationship, and I don't want an open relationship because I want the whole feeling of confusion and drama you get when you're a teenager. But when I leave I know she will be very very very hurt. And I don't want to hurt her because I do care about her.

>I'm nervous about living on my own for the first time. I'm breaking up with her so I can have a place to have sex with many girls. I feel really guilty about that. But it is what I want. And I should be true to myself.
>>
The song is Down in the DM by Yo Gotti, not Slide
>>
>inb4 you're scum just kill yourself

1. Why do you care what it's called? Isn't 'single' sufficient?

2. You've lied to her since the beginning and forced her to be in a kind of relationship she doesn't want. What's your question exactly? Not hurting her is not an option.

3. Just do it, if you can't get your current SO to accept that you take other women home.
>>
>>17211384

>1.)

What it comes down to is societies expectations of us. At my age we're seeing everyone around us getting engaged, married, and/or having children.

These petty games were acceptable in adolescence, but now everyone is beginning to be more mature and settle down.

I just want to live my life however makes me happy. I'm worried about others perceptions of me though. But even though I used that I Heart Haters image half ironically, I feel like there is some truth to that sentiment. Just do yourself and not worry about others opinions, but people are going to talk, there is no doubt about that.

I want to live my life authentically, I don't want people to apply a label to me or try to define me in a certain way. I agree though, "Single" is a better term, and thats what I'll be.
>>
>>17211399
Just wait until you're in your early thirties, and realise that a lot of those engaged now never made it, and you'll start adding single moms to your fuckpool.

You've tried the couple thing already, and it left you unfulfilled. There's no shame in choosing to be single dude, just chill. And for god's sake be honest about your life choice to the women in your life. The good ones will last longer.
>>
>>17211409

oh i know. its like everyone is so worried about getting married and buying a house but they're still so immature.
>>
>>17211375
>I don't want an open relationship because I want the whole feeling of confusion and drama you get when you're a teenager.

You're not going to get that. That ship has sailed.

>And I should be true to myself.

You're still an asshole, nothing's changed since you were a teenager. Here you are cheating constantly on a girl but the moral conclusion you come to "I have to be true to myself". Lmfao, you're hopeless.
>>
Literally kill yourself. No, really. I hope you do.
>>
>>17212005

>that ship has sailed
>you're a cheater

Nigga, dat bitch finding me at the mall with another girl is definitely the confusion and drama I'm looking for so nah. that ship hasn't sailed.

>>17212536

You mad bro?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.