[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been dating a girl for the past two months, we are now exclusive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Been dating a girl for the past two months, we are now exclusive. Kind of think I love her but don't really know what the feeling is, I've had a few flings in my life but have never really cared for a girl like I care for this girl. /adv/ can you explain at all what love feels like so I can at least compare my feelings.
>>
"Love" is just that thing you tell girls when trying to coerce them into sex.
>>
>>17211186
Found the libertarian.
>>
>>17211186
I.. wish this were a lie.
>>
This gets asked on the ask the opposite gender thread at least once a week.

Straight out of the archives:
>>17187110
>Is there a difference between loving someone, and being IN love?

>big differences, when you're IN love you have a clouded sense of judgement, a lot of people confuse arousal as loving someone, since chemicals change how your brain works. everything they do is amazing, even if it's not, and you're willing to do things for them even if they're bad or stupid because things just feel so good.

>however, loving someone, you know you want to do the things for them, not because your hormones are telling you to but because you want to. because you want to keep them safe and they genuinely make you happy, even if you're not horny.
>In love with someone:
>>A sense of overwhelming emotion (kind of like liquid excitement and addrenaline)
>>butterflies/twiterpation
>>borderline obsessive behavior
>>feel "blinded" by love or like you have "rose tinted" glasses

>Loving someone:
>>A sense of calm and security (kind of like a gentle warnth of a soft blanket)
>>A mutual bond that is based on trust, mutual understanding, and a history of shared experiences
>>An ability to acknowledge both the good, and the things you can genuinely say are absolutely disgusting and gross, but accept nonetheless

>Both aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but one takes MUCH longer to establish and, by it's nature, generally requires the other person to feel about the same.
>>
>>17211226
woops, that was supposed to be quoting 3 different posts. Whatever.
>>
>>17211229
Thanks. Helped a lot
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.