[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i get good at escapism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 14522047826940.png (587 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
14522047826940.png
587 KB, 600x753
how do i get good at escapism?
>>
Social isolation and staying in your room is good, the reality doesn't touch you and you get depersonalisation sessions as a bonus.
>>
>>17210759
ask /tg/
>>
Drugs?
>>
>>17210763
but how something like that would affect me in the long run?
>>
>>17211161
You should've asked this about drugs.
Well, you can snap out of it if you want, that was what you wanted?
What do you mean by escapism? If simply browsing media and imagining, i have no idea why would you want to do it if you're bad at it.
If you want to escape and drown yourself in the media, lock yourself with internet, don't check your facebook, mail, forums, turn off your phone.
It is very damaging to career or studying, if you have one.
The feel of being beyond time and space is kind of addicting, at least for me.
You may try lucid dreaming. Wake up at 4am and sleep instantly again, for example. Nothing supernatural, it's legit, doesn't waste time, isn't unhealthy.
>>
Complete and udder social and mental disconnection from and situation you find your self in, just stop giving a fuck about what's happening around you basically Ive up on life
>>
>>17210759
Stare at a wall for hours and your brain will take over.
>>
>>17211212
There is probably no coming back from being an addict, that's what i kind of guessed. By asking "how do i get good at escapism" i meant the mastering of methods which let a person to switch to some other reality and stay there for hours on end maybe even during the daytime when there is a need to go to places. The lucid dreaming is very attractive to me but i haven't been able to learn it yet, even though i try occasionally. Learning of other languages kind of seems to me as a way to go cause it has a potential for a total immersion into a foreign world. That and also writing music are my resorts for now.
>>
Build a world with characters and dynamics. Insert yourself in it if needed. The key for me is to have a constant and lasting thing going on. Imagine the evolutions, go back to certain events to refine them.
What really helps me is to take a walk while doing so. Basically it allows you to have a physical feeling all the while being somewhere else.
I used to do it with music but now I just find it has too much influence over your mind.
tl,dr: go walk and cultivate your own little world(s)
>>
>>17210759
cannabis and video games worked for me
>>
>>17212117
I really like that. How do i start with this? Any advice?
>>
>>17212117
i do something like that occasionally, but i never could make it consistent. It's always a new thing.
>>
psychedelics and dissociatives
it literally is whole nother world
doesnt cause addiction
relatively cheap
>>
>>17212219
may I ask which one? you know for science and stuff
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.