[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, why the only thing that motivates me to do shit is merchandise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2001717.jpg (94 KB, 554x600) Image search: [Google]
2001717.jpg
94 KB, 554x600
/adv/, why the only thing that motivates me to do shit is merchandise?
I search for it for hours and months, but it doesn't make me feel better for more than 4 seconds. Then I try to move to the next one.

Info about me:
A loner with few friends and the only close one a school classmate is living too far way to meet often. Early 20s, university, motivation is either zero or stated above.
Kinda ditched one circle of friends before, because I changed, they changed and it felt really forced. Still lonely after that.

The personal growth sites claim that you love fandom merch too much, because you don't love yourself. How is it possible and how do i shift my focus to healthy goals?

What do i do, /adv/, I literally want to earn money in life, only because I can buy consoles, vidya and merchandise.
>>
I am a failure and can't find a reason to live, besides media worshipping.
>>
It is possibly not loving yourself. It's part of impulsivity that only feeds the production of serotonin for immediate reward of buying something. You lose yourself in the merch. Instead of living a 'fulfilled' life aren't you just buying your way into a fantasy life of collectibles that get you closer to your favorite IPs.?

You could do the research and apply it to yourself rather than a product you consume. What your strengths are, weaknesses. Make long term and short term goals (S.m.a.r.t. Goals as they are also called). Like get a job, or a hobby that gets you active with people of similar interests to yours.
>>
>>17210797
Thanks for replying, anon.
There are some goals, but the only thing that motivates me to do them is that I'll buy vidya afterwards.

About hobbies, I only want to draw fan art. Or sculpt/papercraft figurines.

I won't call myself suicidal, but I don't see a point in existing, if you don't escape from reality as much as possible.
>>
Anons, what are the possible things that make you want to live? I

I will never get a balanced normie mentality, where they are okay loving people who love them and don't care about literally anything else, jfyi
>>
I have friends and all that shit and is not really that great man, I always enjoy more just reading manga or playing some retro shit. But is healthy to go out once in a while. You do need some other motivation, maybe a career or something like that? Learn something new maybe?
>>
>>17210899
I am currently studying, and even if i love learning something new, it doesn't feel so different. Like maths and physics are fandoms that you get paid for and that's it.
In my future I see myself doing my job, escaping from reality and sleeping as much as possible to get lucid dreams.

Wouldn't it be true? If my plans succeed, I'll still be away from my close friend and family.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.