[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be 100% secure in yourself, or at least close?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1464387784056.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464387784056.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
Is it possible to be 100% secure in yourself, or at least close?
>>
>>17210064
not if you ever hope to have real relationships
>>
>>17210064
That girl could be abusive and a giant cunt but I'd fucking put up with it for a relationship with her
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1252x1252
>>17210083
yup
>>
Yes, Chads are 100% secure of themselves. But if you have to ask don't expect to achieve that level of self confidence, you can get to a decent level tho.
>>
>>17210064
It's subjective, I think.

I mean the way I see things, a lot of things in life fall under the 'ignorance is bliss' thing. I see a lot of people who seem happy and can still laugh at retarded insurance ads and shit because they just aren't bright and don't ever seem to think or reflect.

My mind is always running on something, usually reflection on myself and my actions or shit I did in the past and wondering why I did them, not out of regret usually, but to better understand myself just to go full circle and wind up with no results. But that's just me, I've had identification issues for a long time but I keep it to myself.

I think a lot about what makes people who they are and observe little things other people do when I can and I've come to that conclusion I mentioned earlier, ignorance is bliss. I'm sure there are things they keep to themselves, but many people who are just dumb don't express many insecurities; none crippling in any sense anyways. I guess what I'm saying is, if you have little sense of self or the world around you, if you don't have the capacity to worry about deeper subjects, you can be very secure in yourself and it won't be difficult.

If you are of any intellect and find worries in yourself you can still become secure in yourself, but it will be difficult. I believe the environment around you is a strong influence in it too. We are all really just products of the social evironments around us, in one way or another, and it kind of sucks. If you wind up growing into it, you wind up dumb and without any free thought. On the other extreme you'll usually value isolation over being around those you can't connect with because the influence they've had on you is something you decided to stray away from. Both of these things can confide security in different senses, but this makes me wonder what it really means to be self-secure.

tl;dr Yes*
>>
>>17210064
>Is it possible to be 100% secure in yourself, or at least close?
It's possible, but it's not the greatest of ideas. A healthy amount of skepticism, even towards oneself, is a good thing.

However, it IS important to be able to act, not just like you're 100% secure in yourself, but that the things you are secure in are not merely your personal opinions but fundamental truths of the universe. When you master this art, others will fall into line behind you before they even realize what they're doing: not everyone, but enough to do some remarkable things. Hell; this form of bravado/chutzpah may be the only thing Donald Trump has ever actually been good at, but he may very well be about to ride it all the way into the Oval Office.
>>
>>17210064
yes. you just have to be my ex
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.