[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help confronting parrents or moving out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1454221211445.jpg (156 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1454221211445.jpg
156 KB, 746x982
So I live on the outskirts of Baltimore city and have been struggling in a relationship with my parents for a while. I lean a little right wing on various issues but my parents see that almost as treason. Every time I get home or have a rough day because of some stupid sjw of feminist if I ever tell them why i,was given a hard time they defend the feminist for the bs they pull or say they aren't a real [insert radical left group here] member. I feel attaked in my own home and I'm done fighting with the ones I love. I need to find a way to move out or something. I'm 18 and going into senior year of highshool and have no plans on dropping out. Is there a way to work part time and earn enough to get a small appartment and continue my studies? I love them and don't want to move out but Every time I talk to them they just hang up on me. And when I show stats they tell me that I'm causing unessisary stress in the family.
>>
>>17209599
Tldr
I need advice on how to move out as a high school senior or how to advocate my possition in a way they will understand. I have an $800 starting budget from saving up from my summer job.
>>
Hey man,I live around Baltimore too. I suppose the best answer I can give is get a friend or two and find an apartment or something. Maryland is expensive in most places unfortunately,but if a few people pitch in,it shouldn't be too bad,and they're always building new developments around here. Don't stay where you're miserable,it'll fuck you up in a long run.
>>
>>17209819
Thanks for the help man. Too often do I go on 4Chan and get a sea of trolls. It's refreshing to get actual responses.
>>
>>17210038
How are your grades in school? You're fortunate enough to be close to the nsa headquarters and if you've got good grades and an interest in a STEM field they likely have scholarships and very well paid internships available for you so that you can get out of your home asap.
>>
>>17210054
I get mstly A's and B'si have basic knowledge in python and java. Althouh I'm more interested in physics/engineering rather than computer science. Granted I would take comp sci over a non stem major. I am an eagle scout, have about a 3.3 gpa, 3 season cross country/track runner, and got a 1260/1600 on my sat and am taking it again on Saturday. If you have any info about an nsa internship I'm all ears.
>>
>>17210413
If I were to ever have kids, you're the sort of son I'd hope to be capable of raising. Might be weird and might not mean a whole lot coming from some random anon but fuck it, I'm proud of you dude. Best of luck to ya.
>>
>>17209599
Ignore them and don't talk to them about anything in your life.
People like this won't change their mind no matter how much information you give them, they will dismiss it and just attack you personally.
Its pointless.
>>
>>17209599

Why don't you just be like every other teenager in America and don't ever talk to your parents.
>>
>>17210679
Thanks it means a lot to me. I'll try to keep my head up. And not really I have been in here long enough not to think a statment like that is weird. But really thanks.
>>
>>17210693
Yea I guess but a part of me really wanted it to work out.
>>
>>17210698
I guess it's becase I respect their view and really wanted this to work out with them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.