[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't stop thinking about retarded shit I did when I was younger.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1451423473221.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1451423473221.png
345 KB, 498x568
Subject says it all,

When I was younger, I was undiagnosed with ASD and as such, acted like an absolute fucking retard. I didn't even feel like I was fully self-aware at that point. I did some retarded, inane, cringey shit that I honestly wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of myself for doing.

How do I cope with this? I sometimes meet people I knew back then and I can't help but feel like they've retained their shitty opinions of me from years ago.

Is there any way to dispell this feeling or is it there forever?
>>
>>17208904
Everyone does dumb shit. Well, most people anyway.

I called this girl fat in her face and then tried to blame it on my best friend at the time. I had to sit facing a wall at lunch time for 1 hour and then they called my parents and said what happened.

That was a pretty bad day. My friend kinda stopped talking to me after that.

I don't dwell on it though, because she was fat and I pride myself on telling the truth.
>>
File: mass dispel.jpg (10 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
mass dispel.jpg
10 KB, 191x264
>>17208904
>Is there any way to dispell this feeling or is it there forever?
pic related.
>>
>>17208904
>Don't have autism but seconded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjPzci894Wg&list=PL19BB19C25E358494&index=22
How does Jeff not kill himself
>>
>>17208904

I found a quote once along the lines of "There is not one person who does not cringe at their 18 year old selves".

I did retarded things you wouldn't believe,got into pathetic situations, let myself get disrespected, fucked up my grades etc. You know the drill.

You just have to move on, everyone matures over time, I think that's a shared feeling. Nobody should judge you for something you did as a child, even some people who committed murder as children are given a second chance at building a new life.

Don't beat yourself up over it.
>>
>>17209006
>>17209021
>>17209076
>>17209184

thanks anons

heres your (you)s
>>
>>17208904
OP, I can empathize. I have done some crazy things, simple things, stupid things, etc. and from time to time they haunt me and trigger a mental tic where I feel pain in my temples and I make a noise similar to if you were to rip a band aid off, or pull a splinter out, and one of my eyes shut...I know you didn't mention those, but I am elaborating on mine. It can be a simple moment in my life or even a happy one. I want to tell you a clean cut answer, but all I know to do is cope and try to get your mind on a different path. Best of luck for both of us
>>
Oh dude I completely know where you're coming from. I did retarded shit when I was a teenager too. I regret it but honestly, teenagers are dumb. Most people do stupid shit at that age. The only thing you can really do is move past it. If the people you meet today treat you badly because of shit you did when you were a dumb teenager years ago they are (in my opinion) not worth being around.
>>
File: 1445293010536.jpg (83 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1445293010536.jpg
83 KB, 525x700
>>17208904
I know this feeling a little too hard

the only reason im able to keep moving on is because ive changed SO MUCH that the people I meet are always extremely surprised and excited by who I am now

but at the same time doesnt feel very good to be constantly reminded by people around me about how much ive changed
like everything I do, wear, and say

im normal
im normal as could be and im a likeable and attractive person
but everyone knows it wasnt always like that
and in some ways my experiences are still stunted because of it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.