[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend and I usually get along very well, but there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 453x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 453x640
My girlfriend and I usually get along very well, but there's this one argument that we seem to have again and again.
We're both seniors in high school who just graduated, and we both did theater.
There's this one girl in our theater department, Anna, who's a great singer and actor, but my girlfriend despises her. She hates that our director gave leads to Anna instead of her, and she thinks that Anna is a terrible singer and actor.
A few months ago, my girlfriend asked me if she thought that Anna was a better singer than her. I do think Anna is a better singer, and I don't think my girlfriend is a very good singer. I didn't answer the question, but she knew that I thought Anna was a better singer. We got in a big argument over it.
My girlfriend never let this go. She'll bring up how bad of a singer Anna is ALL THE TIME, and will say that it makes her feel bad that I think Anna is a better singer. After some time I just submitted to her and lied, saying that I thought she's better than Annna.
I love my girlfriend so much, but this argument that she keeps rehashing gets on my goddam nerves. I just want her to let it go.
I need advice.
>>
>>17208618
you need to actually tell her because you're not lying to anyone at this point the next time she brings it up. and just tell her how you feel about her, like actually make sure you use words and emotion in your voice and body language.

also it gets better in college
>>
here's a recording of Anna singing "hopelessly devoted" from Grease:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1R3imtAtTvu

Is she the worst singer you've ever heard or is she decent?
>>
>>17208618
the correct response is:
i like your singing better than hers.
Take it from someone who's been married a long time. Don't fight it, don't say what you think. It's not worth the fight.
>>
>>17208618
How about
>Woman, I am so tired of hearing about Anna. Anna this, and Anna that. Crawl out of that bitches ass already. If I hear you say her name one more time I am going to go right out and hate fuck her.
>>
>>17208699
Relationships are based on lies
>>
>>17208746
It's bigger than that. She needs to know you're on her team and support her no matter what.
>>
>>17208756
I don't think you should support someone's unhealthy obsession with a rival. This is how weak willed people get accidentally swept up in creepy murder shit. OP gives his girlfriend an inch, and next think you know he's a body into his trunk and buying a shovel.
>>
>>17208662
It doesn't fucking matter. God, I hate men.
>>
>>17208662
Are you in love with Anna? Her singing is nothing special. She's not even stable. She's pretty terrible actually.
>>
>>17208662
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1R3imtAtTvu
she sings horribly nasally. why are you defending her?
>>
>>17208776
Calm the fuck down. Women have been trained to hate other women. If you want the obsession to stop then don't give it any attention by arguing that Anna songs well and just focus and helping your GF reach high self-confidence.
>>
>>17208618
For some reason now I can't help but imagine Anna as a beautiful angel and your gf as a disgusting harpy. Tell her this. If anything it should show her how petty and ugly it is making her look.
>>
>>17208662
She's alright. Seems to need worked on pacing her breath though.

Definitely not worth having an argument over.

Recordings of GF singing?
>>
>>17208802
You can't help someone be confident. They have to do that themselves. Trying to help someone with their self esteem is like throwing all your good intentions into a black hole.
>>
>>17208756
Being a cheerleader even when they are wrong is enabling them, not supporting them
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.