[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I kinda feel like I'm going crazy. A couple years ago I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (446 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446 KB, 960x638
I kinda feel like I'm going crazy.
A couple years ago I discovered LSD and since then I've done it probably less than a dozen times.
I have a few friends who've done LSD with me, but recently we've started drifting apart. I feel like the friends that I have now cannot empathize with my psychedelic experiences because they've never had them.
My girlfriend has never done LSD and I've been very open with her about my experiences, and she's very understanding, but part of me knows she will never truly know what I've seen.
It makes me feel like I'm crazy and that my experiences are sort of invalidated if no one else can relate to them. I feel alone in my head and that I can't connect in the way that I want to without people thinking I'm insane.
Has anyone else gone through this?
Any advice?
>>
File: vargvikerness.jpg (53 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
vargvikerness.jpg
53 KB, 850x400
>>17208394
Psychedelics aren't as special as you think they are.

t. former heavy drug user
>>
Anon, as someone who has been sober from psychedelics for over a year, I can say that they have given me permanent anxiety. I got /really/ far out there this one time and died, and was awoken in a field of light and ecstasy by close friends and family of mine. It was like a near death experience.. where I saw everyone I knew around me saying that if only they could've helped me cope with my drug and alchohol abuse I might have lived. After waking up I decided it was essential to sober up. Although nobody will ever understand my experiences, it has been an important journey for me to return to the world of sobriety and improve myself with hard work and daily achievements.

TL;DR - Everyone learns different lessons on LSD, mine was that it was in my best interest to sober up
>>
>>17208394

I don't understand. If the experience was worthwhile for the experience itself, why do you need others to understand it?

If it has any relevance outside of the experience, then why do you struggle to portray its relevance to those around you?
>>
>>17208394

I cannot relate to you because I haven't done any drugs ever, but listen to me: those people aren't your friends. If they even became your friends because of drugs, then you shouldn't be with those people. As for your gf, you can be open to her with your use of drugs, but don't force her on anything. Listen, don't wanna be preachy, but you should know that if you take a little too much, even if it's LSD, your body cells will die 60 times faster than with an usual dose. That's how overdose happens and you definetely don't want that. The best thing you can do is join a support group and get rid off your addiction. If you really have to, continue using LSD, but know your limits. And, by any chance, don't start using any hard drugs.
Best of luck.
>>
>>17208394
>my experiences are sort of invalidated if no one else can relate to them
Everybody has a different experience of life anon; no one will ever know exactly what yours is/was like. Your experience cannot be valid or invalid; it's your experience, that's it, that's what you've got...
>I feel alone in my head and that I can't connect in the way that I want to without people thinking I'm insane.
What way do you want to connect with people?
>>
>>17208433
My experiences made me realize that my purpose is to share my experiences with people through art.
What sparked my post was my girlfriend said to me last night that she didn't like a play that I had written last year because she thought it didn't make sense. The play was inspired by my first acid trips and I wanted to write something that made the viewer feel like they were tripping. She then followed up by saying "I know you were going through some LSD at the time". I interpreted that as condescension. It seemed like she was saying that the play was bad because I took LSD and it made me a little crazy and the play was a product of that. LSD was not just something I was going through. It is something that happened that has made a huge impact on my worldview.

>>17208487
I want to connect with people through art. I write songs and paint, but mostly I express myself through theatre. I direct, act, and write.
>>
>>17208500
>I want to connect with people through art. I write songs and paint, but mostly I express myself through theatre. I direct, act, and write.
So, the obvious thing seems to be to meet other people who are interested in those things, have you tried that?
>>
>>17208507
Theatre is what I'm most interested in, and none of the theatre people I've met share my artistic/psychedelic views. I'm only a senior in high school who just graduated, so hopefully I'll be able to meet more likeminded people in college. I'm bound for Skidmore college.
>>
>>17208521
>Theatre is what I'm most interested in, and none of the theatre people I've met share my artistic/psychedelic views. I'm only a senior in high school who just graduated, so hopefully I'll be able to meet more likeminded people in college. I'm bound for Skidmore college.

To be honest I don't know shit about theatre or LSD, but in my experience it can take quite a while to find a group of like-minded people sometimes. Be patient and accept yourself; there's little value in trying to change to fit in with the people that currently surround you. You'll probably meet some people in college...
>>
>>17208394
I have also done LSD several times, my last time was quite heavy and made me reassess my entire life. I've since given up weed, at least temporarily.

I know that LSD experiences can be hard to explain to others. I don't even try. Nobody will understand your mind on psychs because it's your mind. Me and my best friend have tripped together and both had completely different experiences.

I don't understand why you want other people to know your experiences on LSD. It's a personal thing.
>>
Hey man you gotta understand, people experience different things. Its what makes people unique. If someone experienced everything you did, that would make them you
>>
>>17208394
I went through the same thing after doing copious amounts of shrooms over the summer. My advice is you're over-thinking it.

You're never going to pin down every detail for anyone you explain the experiences too, they're too immense to be surmised that simply. Just behave like you want to behave and if people think you're crazy, rock it and be confident in who you are. If you're successful in life you have no reason to doubt yourself. Try to forget being an alien to everyone else, theres not much point to that kind of thinking.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.