[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What other anonymous sites are there similar to 4chan but with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Moot-Retires-4Chan.jpog_.jpg (39 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
Moot-Retires-4Chan.jpog_.jpg
39 KB, 670x409
What other anonymous sites are there similar to 4chan but with a better community? i have been coming here for about 2 years, maybe a bit less. The negative, elitist, edgy attitude of this site is not funny to me anymore, i think its childish. This is the only site i know where people have good discussions. Reddit is even worse because its just one big circle jerk.
>>
>>17208290
4chan is childish because of the anonymity while reddit is a circle jerk because of the influence of votes. Community driven sites like 4chan and reddit are so addictive because we use them to escape actually interacting with people. Spend more time around real people and you will stop feeling a need to come back to these sites.
>>
i keep looking for the same thing. it seems like the old saying is true and the internet really is just an ocean of piss.
>>
>>17208290
Fuck you, newfag. If you don't get it either lurk moar or kill yourself lol ebin amirite
>>
I would tell you some places but you're prob way too vanilla for them.

They'll devour your soul. I can't do that to some unsuspecting person.
>>
>>17208400
spill the beans bro
>>
I only know one place that is better than this one. It is the master of all other chans, a last bastion of free speech

It is too casual for you though
>>
>>17208374
im off uni for like 3 months atm so i have alot of free time. I would like to go out more but friends are constantly playing video games. i normally have 4chan on in the background while i am doing something - for example, if i am reading, i will have 4hcna open, and i will look at a thread after i have read a chapter, and maybe reply to someone.
>>
>>17208290

I'm interested in this as well. I'd recommend the other number chan but that one is mostly just /pol/ and /v/.

I want a place with a similar format to 4chan but where it's easier to get useful information and actual advice for various subjects like tech, cars, fitness, girls, etc.

I know I can find boards for some of that stuff here, but every one of the boards is only interested in their in-jokes and doesn't like newcomers looking for tips.

Anyone know of a place that's a decent compromise for that? And also possibly a decent anonymous site to talk about girls and pick up stuff?
>>
>>17208290
A library or religious meeting place.
>>
>>17208290
>anonymous
>better community

You can't have anonymity and good (like more than 90% of post / user base are reasonable people who don't banter) community.
To have good community you need to filter / get rid of "bad" guys in some way.

When you force anons to have an account aka name, then the most bad guys will make up some sort of bad reputations and they will force themselves out from discussion (you can see this in the don't reply to tripfags meme).

IMHO 4chan only misses some sort of identification in single threads (like in >>>/soc/) so you know if you are discussing with same person or newcomer. The rest is perfect (if you can withhold the banter and the memes).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.